CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

Rose's POV

I woke up feeling refreshed I looked at the clock and it was 8am. Oh my I better hurry up if I want to catch Dante.

Last night I've been tossing and turning. I wanted to tell Dante I didn't want him to go to Milan and he should rather come with me to the doctor.

A knock on the door startled me.

"Come in."

I patiently waited for the one to come in hoping it was Dante.

"Goodmorning Rose."

It was his mother I felt so dissapointed.

"I was just trying to catch up with Dante, you'll have to excuse me."

Her face changed but then she gave me a small smile.

"He and his father left early this morning already."

"Oh." I said sitting back down on the bed tears forming behind my eyes.

She took a seat next to me.

"You love him don't you?"

I looked at her surprised and I couldn't keep back the tears.

"Oh Rose don't cry."

She took me in her arms.

"Breakfast is ready in the dining room. Marlene's already waiting for you." She said and walked out the room.

I sat in the crying for almost 30 minutes before I went to take a bath.

Moments later I re-entered the bedroom and I sat in front of the mirror. Circles from lack of sleep had made their presence underneath my eyes. I opened my make up box and found a note attached to it.

"You looked so peaceful sleeping I didn't want to disturb you."

I wish you had.

"Please let me know the moment you've seen the doctor. I wish I could go with you take care love Dante."

His been here in the room? Has he been watching me sleep?

I can smell his cologne in the room. I get dressed and have breakfast. Marlene was casually dressed today after I've asked her to.

We were in Italy one of the worlds most beautiful places. She was still young she needs to let her hair down once in a while. When I was done eating we headed to the hospital.

The doctor's visit was very pleasant. Marlene wasn't needed at all. Doctor Savelli's english was perfectly understandable through his thick Italian accent. He made me think of Dante I really wish he could've been here.

I'm going to plan a little surprise for the baby gender reveal I think he'll be over the moon.

"Mrs Costello I'll try to do a home visit before your departure but I'm happy with how everything looks right now. You should get a lot of rest and have short walks to get your legs exercised. I'm sure your husband takes good care of you."

I gave the doctor a small smile and stood up.

"Goodbye Doctor and Marlene tends to take perfectly good care of me." I answered sarcastically.

He looked at me in confusion then at Marlene and stood up to see me out.

"Goodbye Mrs Costello make sure to get enough rest."

Back in the SUV I took out my cellphone to call Dante but then my phone rang. It was a private number.

"Hello?"

"Ah my daughter still lives."

"Arthur is that you?"

It's been so long since I've heard from him. I haven't heard from him since I've last visited him in the hospital and told hin I wanted nothing to do with getting revenge anymore.

"Yes who else would it be... Michael?"

I felt my throat get dry by the mention of my father's name. Marlene gave me a worried look and I moved more to the window.

"What do you want?"

"Well I want to know why your mother and I weren't invited to your wedding? Oh yes and why you haven't mentioned that you're carrying the man's child who killed your father? "

My hand went to my baby bump and I suddenly felt sick.

"You're sitting on a goldmine while your mother's begging for bread crumps."

"My mother has some money left..."

"It's all gone!" He interrupt me.

"But how?"

"How else? She doesn't know a thing about managing money and poor daddy isn't here to provide for her nomore and her daughter won't even introduce her to her own son in law."

"I didn't know things were that bad."

He laughs... a laugh that's full of hatred and anger.

"That's because you've been to busy playing house wife and keeping that murderer entertained in the bedroom."

"You don't know shit!" I raise my voice causing Marlene to look at me again.

"Well I just wonder how much money your husband is leaving you and that bastard child you're carrying if anything were to happen to him."

"You sick piece of shit what are you planning on doing?"

"I'm doing what you should've done long ago!"

He disconnected the call.

"Hello?"

"Hello!"

I threw the phone to the ground.

"Rose what's wrong? Who was that?"

All I could do was cry. What's Arthur's obsession with the Costello's. I'm not ecstatic either that I'm pregnant with the man who caused my father's death but how can I take revenge with a child now in the middle of it all?

I'll have to warn Dante.I look for my phone feeling beneath the seats. My hands can't reach it.

"Rose what's going on! Tell me. You know stress isn't good for the baby."

Marlene said taking both my hands in hers. I looked at her my eyes full of tears. Where do I begin? Before I could tell Marlene I saw a car driving straight to us.

"Watch out!"

I screamed loudly. Marlene looked behind her to what I was pointing out to.

The car came in such a speed it hit right in us with a massive impact. She threw her body over mine shielding me from the heavy impact. I still had my seatbelt on.

I felt the car lift from the ground my head hit againts the window. I closed my eyes when I opened them again the car was thrown over.

I was hanging in my seat. Marlene laid againts my door her body was in an uncomfortable position the driver was struggling to loosen his seatbelt.

I felt a warm liquid running down my face. I touched it looking at my hand that was covered in blood. I placed my hand on my bump a sharp pain shoot straight through my back.

"Hold on little one."

Next thing I was consumed by darkness.

Hope you're enjoying the book.
We're nearing the end of Rose and Dante's journey.
Keep tuned because this following chapters going to be #DRAMA.

Keep voting and commenting guys your input helps inspire me to finish the book.
Oh but I'm so sad for it to end 😢