CHAPTER ELEVEN

Rose's POV

I felt like royalty walking down the airplane's stairway with Dante's hand in mine. He's been acting differently, he's been so attentive and caring the whole flight. I had to pinch myself to see if I wasn't dreaming.

I don't know why I got so upset about him wanting to keep things professional between us. When he told me how he felt I was heartbroken.

I'm so confused right now too.

He managed to take one more thing that was important to me. I've always told myself I'd save myself for when I get married to the man I love. And then I go and give it to him...

Looking over to Dante he looks so sexy in his black Levi jeans; he had his hair cut shorter I like it this way. I think I'm falling in love with you Dante Costello.

But how can I love the man who destroyed my life?

Now standing in front of this beautiful house he tells me we'll be staying here for 3 days. I opened my mouth to protest but nothing came out. The mere thought that I'll be alone with this man sends thrills all over my body. There have to be people working here in a big house like this so we probably won't even be alone most of the time.

He must've noticed his words affected me when he placed his hand on my thigh giving it a small squeeze. I got snapped out of my thoughts when the car door opened. Dante reached out his hand for mine and lead me to the front door, placing his hand on the doorknob he paused. Turning to face me...

"Welcome to my home Miss Vaughn", he said in his charming Italian accent.

Leaving me completely speechless, he opened the door to what must be the most beautiful interior décor I've ever seen. The house had just as much character from inside as it does outside. White furniture, glass staircases the bottom floor was a fully open plan. You could see the garden with the green lawn and massive pool outside from behind the glass walls. It looked so clean, everything in its place but there was no one here.

"Do you have any help here?"

"Mr. Brown and his wife stay in the cottage down by the lake. They tend to the house while I'm away. "

"Will they be coming around while we're here?" I asked to hope that they would.

I couldn't be in Dante's presence alone for three days.

"Yes, but we can manage without them. I've already instructed them to only clean for today as I wanted the whole house to ourselves. Not wanting to be interrupted at all." He whispers against my ear.

My palms were sweating as he just confirmed my biggest fear all alone with the multi-billionaire that was just as ruthless as he was passionate.

"Let me show you to our room, we'll have to leave over an hour to meet Mr. William by the construction site."

He walks towards the stairs not waiting for me to follow his been so formal since we got here addressing me as Miss Vaughn. On the plane, he was acting more like a lover and now he's back to being my boss again... this guy is too much. I followed him up the stairs stepping gently on glass stairs afraid that it might crack. I was struggling to keep up with his larger steps. When we reached the top floor I was already out of breath.

"You'll have to start exercising Miss Vaughn if you'll want to keep up with me. You more than welcome to use the gym down the hall." He said looking over his shoulders.

Was he saying I'm too fat or just unfit?

"Perhaps you shouldn't have made such a large stairway that fits your selfish ego Mr. Costello", I fired back.