CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

Dante's POV

(6 Months Later)

After I arrived in London for a business meeting. I decided that I'd as well stay a while and have a little vacation in Paris.

I needed one.

I remembered Rose mentioned her boyfriend at the time started a business here.

It's been 6 months since I've last been with a woman. My sex drive was lacking and it must be from all the late nights drinking, it's all I tend to do nowadays. Drowning drunkenly into my sorrows and it's all thanks to  Miss Rose Vaughn.

Nothing has been the same since I found out that she was misleading me. I didn't, couldn't believe it damn it my parents couldn't even believe it themselves and said I must've made a mistake.

I've tried getting into contact with her and went by her apartment several times but she was nowhere in sight.

She didn't show up for work...

I've only learned after weeks of knocking on a damn closed door she left from her landlord.

I've hired some of the best detectives in the country paying whatever it cost for them to track her down but it seems she didn't want to be found.

It was as if she just vanished into thin air. I wanted to hear her side of the story, hoping that she wasn't involved with any dirty scheme that man might have been brewing against me.

But what part of her leaving town isn't clear enough that she's been lying to me and was in cahoots with him.

I think back to that day I woke up in my bed. I remember I was in the shower out cold. She came to the penthouse.

I still could not remember what she said before she left. But only the kiss she imprinted on my lips.

I've dreamed so many nights of being with her that when I wake up in the middle of the night I go looking for her...

I was so happy that the days went over quickly. I didn't know what was happening in my own company anymore and I was losing money because of that.

I'm thankful my father stepped in and appointed a good friend of his to take over the business while I get to pull myself together.

Rose was the first woman that made me open up to her. I never felt this way about anyone before. I trusted her enough to introduce her to my parents.

The first woman I said the words I love you too other than my mother and this is what happens.

I wanted to propose to her, have children with her. I could have given her so much without her wanting to take it all. She took a piece of me and I'd never forgiven her for that.

When I'm all drunk and alone in my penthouse she'll come to me in my dreams. Making love to me, touching me the way only she could.

While driving back to my hotel in Paris, I saw a woman with the same ruby red hair as Rose for a moment I thought it might be her but this woman was thicker than what I can remember Rose to be.

She struggled to manage the grocery bags in one hand while covering her mouth with the other. This woman looked a little pale.

Just then she rushed over to a small bush and it looks as if she was vomiting.

People were passing by her as if they didn't notice her. I immediately pulled over the car, climbed out, and walked up to her.

"Hey, I couldn't help but notice you're a little unwell. Can I give you a ride home or should I take you to the hospital?" I asked politely.