CHAPTER FIVE

Rose's POV

"What will the lovely couple have?" the waitress asked looking at Quinn blushingly.

He did look attractive too bad for her he finds men more attractive.

"Steak with mushroom sauce, well-seasoned potato chips, and a bottle of your finest red wine." He said grinning at her.

I couldn't help but laugh at how childish he was smiling at her exposing his perfectly white teeth. The couple from the table across from ours stared at me like I grew an extra head or something.

"What's so funny?" Quinn asked when the waitress walked away with our order.

"The poor thing is clearly into you and you're giving her false hope by giving her your million-dollar smile."

He looks over his shoulder at the waitress then turns towards me again.

"Ooh, my bad."

"Quinn, you do know I could've made this at home right for way less than what you're going to pay?" I wasn't the best cook but I've managed to rarely get the pots burned and that has to count for something.

"You're going to pay a small fortune for this and the size of the steak won't even be worth it even though it will taste good."

He gives me his boyish smile and I just shake my head at him laughing.

I can remember one night studying for my exam I heard stumbling coming from our kitchen. I ran to Quinn's room to go wake him but his bed was empty. So I grabbed his baseball bat and walked down the hall. The kitchen light was on, I could've sworn it was switched off... maybe the intruder got to Quinn first. My heart immediately stopped beating and without any hesitation, I charged straight into the kitchen. Quinn was against the table counter being strangled by the intruder. I took one big swing at the intruder and he fell to the ground.

"Rose, what the hell are you doing!" Quinn screams at me.

I still had the bat in my hand looking at him confused.

"I'm saving your ass, what does it look like!"

The guy on the floor started to regain consciousness and I wanted to take another swing at him but Quinn grabbed the bat from my hands.

"He is my boyfriend!"

"You're boy....?" I asked completely confused.

"I'm gay."

"Whaaa.... when did that happen?"

Later that night the three of us sat in the living room with a bottle of red wine laughing about what had just happened. Since then I hadn't looked at the counter without picturing the two of them smooching against it. 

Looking at Quinn now a lot of things have been much clearer, I should've picked up a sign or something. But nothing ever indicated that he liked men gosh I'm just glad I hadn't fallen in love with him. 

Now that would've been a bad breakup.

After a few minutes later I and Quinn got lost in our conversation and laughter. When our meal got served I gave Quinn that I told you to look. You could barely see the steak underneath all that mushroom sauce.

"I did say dinner's on me right?" Quinn says winking at me.

"Before we begin to eat this lovely meal I'd like to say a few words." He said in a sarcastic jokingly way.

"I would like to make a toast to our friendship and you getting you're dream job at Costello Steel. I hope you get the comfort that you're looking for in going into this dangerous mission of yours." He says raising his glass.