July 21st, 2018 Pt. 2

The rest of North and some of South America waited for the youngest of their family to arrive. They were also there with Mexico City, New York City, Ottawa, Montreal, Virginia, and a few more siblings/cousins.

Diego was pacing around, he wanted to see his twin. His baby sister. He had to see her.   

Damn it, why didn't go with her? He was supposed to protect her for goodness sakes!!

And he didn't trust Spain, so he really should have gone with her. Damn it, he failed as an older brother, as a twin.

This and the fact that they had been kidnapped as children? This was... Diego fell to his knees and wrapped his arms around himself. He started to shake.

His family immediately got up. America, Canada, Argentina, and Ecuador all rushed to him. 

"You're okay, you're okay," Ecuador said as he pulled Diego up with Canada. 

Diego felt weak, he was zoning out and couldn't think straight. He couldn't stand without the help of his brother and cousins. 

"D, maybe you should sit down," America said, "We should get you something to eat." 

Ecuador and Canada sat Diego down in a seat and he placed his head on Venezuela's lap and whimpered, "I want my twin."

Venezuela ran her hands through his hair, "She's coming D. Go to sleep, okay?" She got a nod back but inside of closing his eyes, Diego just zoned out.

Venezuela looked at her South American siblings with worry. They were all worried about the mental state of their cousins. Too much was happening way too fast.

Colombia looked at Canada and America, the oldest of the twins had his head in his hands while Alfred had his knees pulled up to his chest and had his head down. 

"Maybe we should all get something to eat," Brazil said, he looked at Paraguay, Argentina, Peru, Virginia, New York City, New York, and Mexico City, "Let's go find something for us to eat, boys. We'll be back soon."

They got up and headed out the airport. 

Colombia went to sit next to the twins, "Do you guys want to go out for some fresh air? Mar won't be here for another hour and a half."

Canada looked up, "No thanks," He looked and sounded so tired. There was a lot going on in his mind right now.

She looked at Alfred, "Alfie?"

"I.... don't want to."

They looked out of it too. 

"What did we ever do to deserve this?" Canada asked.

"Nothing, you guys did nothing at all," She said. They all looked at Diego when another whimper was heard from him.

Canada got up and sat next to Venezuela. He kissed his brother's forehead and ruffled his hair. "She'll be here soon D."

"I want her here now."

"I know, me too."

"I hate them," He whispered, "I....I." He trailed off as a few tears came up, but he didn't let them fall.

"They never cared about us at all," Canada sighed, "They only wanted us for land, I bet. That's probably all they thought we were good for."

Colombia couldn't take it, she hugged Canada. The younger nation held in his tears. His whole life had been a lie, well... that's what it felt like.

When she pulled back. She hugged Alfred tightly, "I'm so sorry guys, we couldn't protect you."

"You guys didn't do anything wrong," He sighed, he was resting his head on her shoulder.