The Real End

Gilbert sat at a small chair, one of many in the room. He crossed his legs and waited, not knowing exactly what to expect now. An ambulance raced down the street, it's siren blaring, and Gil remembered.

    He remembered that morning when Lovino was hit, he remembered everything. And worst of all,  it was all his fault. If he had just stayed until the walk signal appeared he wouldn't be going through this.

     Gilbert looked up as a white door opened and shut loudly.

      "Stop sulking, idiota." Came a familiar voice. Gilbert stood quickly, watching the brunette test out the crutches he'd be forced to use for the next month or so. When Lovino was stable enough Gil pulled him into a tight embrace. He quickly stopped and examined Lovino.

      "Are you okay?" He asked.

       "I'm doing better now.." Lovino replied. Gilbert nodded and signed him out of the hospital. He took Lovino's hand and walked outside,  towards the car. Gil opened the passengers side door for Lovino and let him in before going to his side. He started the car and looked at Lovino.

        "What?" Lovino asked.

    Gil leaned over and kissed him gently.

   "I love you.."

   "I love you too.....idiota.."