Chapter 10: Dont Run

Without a second thought, Lovino ran. He didn't look back, he didn't stop, he didn't know where he'd go, he'd just keep running. Eventually Lovino looked up to see nothing but woods and a lonely gas station along the side of the road ahead. He slowed to a walk and approached it.

    Lovino had almost reached the concrete when he heard the screech of wheels behind him. He turned only to be grabbed and pulled into a vehicle. There was a sharp pain as a needle injected drugs into his arm. Everything after that was blurry and fuzzy to his memory.

○●○●○●○●○●time skip○●○●○●○●○●

  Lovino woke up on a hard cot. He looked up but instantly regretted doing so when the bright lights temporarily blinded him.

   When his eyes adjusted to it he looked around the pale grey brick room, sights falling on a white door. He tried to stand but his legs wouldn't allow that, his knees shrieked in pain. Still he got up and slowly inched to the door. It was unlocked.

    Lovino stumbled out the doorway.  Immediately he was greeted with an unsettling scene: a long, well lit, white hallway. At the end were two men, one being the one he had encountered before and the other he had never seen until now.

    Lovino watched them as they only stared at him. It was unsettling. He turned and walked back through the door, being sure to lock it behind him. He leaned against and slid down the door, sighing. Just when he was about to give up, he felt a buzz in his back pocket. Quickly he pulled his phone out and answered.

   "Vhere are you!?" Gilbert yelled.

   "Gilbert, quiet down. They'll hear you."

  "Vhatever vill?!"

    "Remember that guy you hit with a lamp? He wasn't arrested. I don't know where I am."

   "Listen, ill get Ludvig to track your number just don't hang up so he'll be able to."

  Lovino covered the speaker as footsteps neared the door.

    "Unlock it." Came a deep, monotonous voice from the other side. "We don't have a reason to hurt you."

     Not wanting to but seeing nothing else, Lovino hid his phone in his sleeve, unlocked the door and slid away. The men walked in carrying two more prisoners who's faces were covered by black cloth bags. Of course that didn't keep the smaller one from prating. Lovino winced himself when the small boy-he could tell from the voice-received a heavy kick to the side.

     "Feliks!" The other yelped as the boy fell into her. Lovino could tell it was Elizabeta.

  The men left the room, closing the door behind them, to take their places in the hall once more. Lovino put his phone down and inched towards the two. He knew Feliks would be fairly hurt so he untied him and uncovered his face first. He also knew that Feliks didn't just ruin a possibly perfect date. Once the Pol had regained full consciousness, Lovino untied Elizabeta and uncovered her face.

      Lovino picked his phone up and listened as Gil was telling his brother what to do.

    "I'm back." Lovino said.

  "Lovi!  Vhat vas that commotion?"

  "Say hello to Feliks and Elizabeta."