Chapter 17: The End or Is It?

Gilbert finished the last bit of his ice cream and took Lovino's empty cup from him, putting it in his own. He threw them away at a nearby trash can and walked back to the bench where Lovino was.

    "I love you." Gil said,  helping Lovino up.

    "Yeah, yeah." Lovino replied.

    "Come on, I love you." Gilbert repeated with a smirk. He bent down and placed a playful kiss on Lovino's cheek, causing the Italian to blush.

     Lovino looked away for a moment then suddenly, to the Prussian's surprise turned back on his heel and grabbed him by his collar. Lovino pulled Gilbert into a kiss he wouldn't soon forget and pulled away with a smirk of his own.

     Gil intertwined his finger with Lovino's and they walked to the side of the road. Lovino pressed the button on the side of the pole that would tell them when it was safe to cross the street.

      "Should ve go home or go somevhere else? " Gilbert asked.

      " I think we should go home." Lovino answered.

      "Okay!" Gil replied as he stepped out and started to cross the street.

       "H-Hey! You can't cross yet!" Lovi called after him.

        Gilbert laughed and continued to walk. Lovino felt his heart race at the sight of a car speeding around the corner. Before he knew it his feet had left the curb and he ran out into the road as well.

     "Gilbert! " He called. Gil turned in time to get pushed out of the cars path. Lovino hadn't been as lucky.

        Gil picked himself up from the pavement. He turned and saw Lovino laying still a few feet away. He ran over and kneeled beside him.

         "L-Lovi...." He whispered. He pulled out his phone dialed 911. As soon as the lady answered he told her what had happened and where they were. At this time a small crowd had begun to form.

       Gilbert looked down as Lovino grabbed his hand and held onto it softly as he was put into the ambulance. Gilbert sat beside him as the doors closed and a doctor started to take care of Lovino as best he could.

      Lovino was hooked up to a heart rate monitor and a short time into the ride the doctor seemed to panic. Gilbert felt Lovino's grip loosen and looked down at him. Tears filled his eyes as he realized the doctor was losing him. HE was losing him. In the background he could hear the monitor.

      Beep. Beep. Beep. Beeeeeeep. Silence.