Intro

Merlin and Arthur walked slowly down the path. They had been informed that a lone bandit had been causing trouble and stealing from people on their way in and out of Camelot.

    “Why didn’t you bring one of the knights with you?” Merlin asked for the third time.

    “I already told you, Merlin, the knights are busy training and I didn’t see any point in interrupting them for one bandit.”

    “What about me? What if I was busy?” Merlin complained.

    “Oh please Merlin, what could you possibly be doing that would so important?” Arthur said, a hint of joking in his voice.

    “Oh, I dunno,” Merlin said sarcastically, “Washing your clothes, polishing your armor, cleaning your room, would you like me to go on?”

    “Merlin?”

    “Yes Arthur?”

    “Shut up.”

    “Clotpole,” Merlin muttered under his breath. They continued walking for a short while in silence when a man suddenly jumped out of the bushes and onto the path. Arthur drew his sword and Merlin stepped back a little and looked around at the surrounding forest to see if there was anyone else.

    “By order of Camelot I am placing you under arrest for thievery,” Arthur said, the words monotone and memorized. The man just smirked before pointing at Arthur.

    “What’s he doing?”  Merlin asked quietly. The man opened his mouth as if to speak, there was a bright flash of light, and then he was gone. As was Arthur, or at least, the Arthur that had been standing there a moment ago. In his place stood a blonde, five year old boy.