Chapter 19

Tris POV

It's Saturday and I have nothing to do. Tobias is working in the control room today, Christina has a doctors appointment to check up on the baby, Shaunna is working, Marlene and Uriah are spending the day together, I haven't seen Lynn in ages, and Zeke... well, I just don't want to hangout with him. My mind starts wondering many places and stops at the thought of my wedding. I also suddenly think of Caleb, I should invite him. I get up and grab my jacket. I decided that I'm going to go to Erudite and invite him in person. I miss him and I really want to see him.

I get on the train the same way I always do jogging, and then swinging myself in. I let my feet dangle out of the cart as I watch the Dauntless headquarters disappear signaling I am getting closer and closer to Erudite. The train dips and slows making my stomach get butterflies. What if Caleb doesn't want to see me? Don't be silly Beatrice I hear my mothers soothing, voice tell me. I mentally gasp. My mother! I haven't invited her yet! I'll have to stop by on my way back to Dauntless.

I see Erudite approaching up ahead, so I throw myself out of the train, stumbling only a little. When I enter I breathe in that awful smell of rubber and chemicals. Weather you believe me or not, it's an awful combination.

"Beatrice?" I hear. I turn and see Caleb about a foot away from me.

"Hey Caleb!" I smile.

"Beatrice you know your not supposed to be here." Caleb says moving his eyes all over the place as if he's worried someones watching.

"I can't come for 5 minutes and invite my brother to my wedding?" I say crossing my arms.

"No- wait wait wait, come again?" Caleb says narrowing his eyes.

"I just wanted to invite you to my wedding." I reply.

"Beatrice, who exactly are you making commitment to?" He says all fancy and proper like. It's kind of annoying when he speaks like this because I know this isn't really him.

"I'm 'making comitment' to my boyfriend, Four." I say using air quotes around 'making comitment'.

Caleb looks shocked. "Beatrice didn't you come crying to me because he hurt you not too long ago? Now you're going to marry him?" Caleb says raising his voice.

"Caleb it was one time, give it a rest." I roll my eyes.

"Beatrice I have to go now, goodbye," He says turning.

"Really Caleb? I thought you'd be happy to see me. I guess I was wrong." I say sadly. He stops but doesn't turn to face me.

"Goodbye Beatrice." Is all he says before he continues walking away and doesn't look back. I expect myself to cry, but I don't. As I've gotten only a litte older, I've learned that I can't change his choices, and I can't change what Erudite does to him. I have no control. I walk back outside with a blank expression, I really don't know what to feel. Upset? Angry? I guess all of this means Caleb won't be coming to my wedding. I hop back onto the train and head to Abnegation to talk to my parents.

*Time Lapse To Abnegation*

As I walk through the plain streets, that used to be called my home. I look around cautiously making sure no one is suspisious. I'm really not supposed to be here. Someone from another faction should not be roaming around another faction, especially if they are roaming their former faction. But I still love my parents and I want them to be in my life as much as possible, even though I know thats nearly impossible.

I slowly make my way to my parent's house. The sun is starting to set so through the window I see a single light on, and it's the one above the table. The one that would be on during dinner when Caleb and I were little. I stop to admire the light form outside. I will admit that I miss my family all together. I just don't miss the lifestyle.

After what seems like forever, I snap out of my daze and walk towards the door. It sounds almost silent inside the house. I can't see anyone but I know my parents are in there. I sigh and climb up the 3 steps that sit outside the door.

"Hello? Mom? Dad?" I shout when I open the door.

"Beatrice?" I hear my mothers voice say. I turn and see her enter the living room from the kitchen.

"Hi mom!" I say and I pull her into a hug. I suddnely remember Abnegation don't show effection like that, so I immediatley pull away, but she doesn't look surprised. She is smiling and she looks as if she expected that.

"Honey you know you aren't supposed to be here." She says smiling sadly.

"I know, but I was just wondering if you and Dad had a minute." I practically beg.

"Well hone-" My mother is cut off when my father and a face too familiar walk into the room and I feel my stomach drop.

Marlene POV

It's about midnight and O'm sitting on the couch. Alone. I don't know where Uriah went, but he didn't even bother taking me, he never does anymore. And lately he's been keeping things from me. He doesn't tell me anything.
I feel like he doesn't like me anymore. He doesn't act like he used to. I knew this would happen one day. Uriah and I just aren't meant to be. I think he needs his space, and I need to give it to him. First step to that, is to pack my things, and when he gets back, I'll leave and go stay somewhere else. Anywhere but Uriah's.

I sigh and go into the bedroom. I yank my single duffel bag from the top shelf of our- his small closet. I take all of my things- which isn't much- and stuff the duffel bag. I begin to feel tears slide down my cheeks. I'm hurt, a lot. But it's for the best. I tear a piece of notebook paper out of his notebook sitting in the drawer of his nightstand. I take a pen and write I love you on it. I'm close to sobbing, but I hold it in because I know this is what he wants. I can feel it.

I take a deep breathe and set the little paper on his nightstand for him to find eventually. I walk back into the living room and set the duffel on the ground next to the couch. The front door swings open startling me, and Uriah walks in looking at the ground. From what I could see through his thick, black hair, his face was red and he was ready to explode. I really didn't want to talk to him and tell him this to make things worse, but I have to. Maybe he won't even be mad, it seems like this is what he wants so maybe he wont even care. Maybe he'll be happy I'm leaving.

"Hey." I say quietly. He looks up at me but doesn't say anything. He looks furious.

"Look, we haven't been getting along lately. You leave without me and leave me alone until midnight almost everynight. I have a feeling you're cheating on me, and I can tell you just don't love me like you used to, so I think it's time we end things." I say balling my eyes out. He narrows his eyes and clenches his fists.

"What the hell Mar? You have no proof of any of that! Why are you just making these things up? You know what, just leave Marlene, I don't even feel like living like this anymore." He says angrily.

"Uriah, I just feel like you're shutting me out! You tell me nothing and we don't ever hangout anymore! You constantly lie to me, and I just don't feel loved anymore." I say choking on my words.

"I. Said. Leave." He says.
His words stab me in the heart. I sob as I grab my duffel and slam the door behind me. Only looking back once.

So i tried something new this chapter! And that was, i put 2 POV's to make it longer. If u like it like that i can keep doing it! i hope u enjoyed! :)