Chapter 16

Tris POV

I finally decided on an outfit and now Tobias is leading me down the dark, mysterious hallways of dauntless.

He stops in front of a door and looks at me.

"You ready?" He asks.

"As ready as I'll ever be." I reply with a smile. I wince when I smile, I am still a little hurt from when Al tried to kidnap me. But that doesn't stop me from being crazy excited.

Tobias opens the door and leads me inside.

"It has a living room, two bathrooms, three bedrooms, and a kitchen." He says proudly.

"Its nice!" I say looking around in all directions. It actually is pretty nice. It's got much more space to move around, and I like the layout.

"Do you like it?" He asks.

"Yeah it's pretty neat." I say.

"Good cause I already bought it." He says quickly.

"Oh oka- WAIT WHAT?"

"Yep!" He says popping the 'P'

"My gift to you, my love." He says wrapping his arms around my waist. I really can't be angry with him. He did something nice, so I should appreciate it.

"Let's explore!" He says excitedly. He takes my hand and leads me down the hall.

"Which room first?" He asks once we stop in a hall with doors going all down it. I look around and point to a random door. I slowly open it and walk inside.

Its a master bedroom with a bathroom and a walk-in closet. I look at the room in awe, when I hear a thump. I whip around and see Tobias on the floor clutching his forehead.

"Ah!" He groans in pain.

"Watch it you giant. You're gonna break the doorway!" I say sarcastically. He glares at me.

"No i'm fine, thanks for asking." He says getting up.

"No problem!" I say smiling innocently. "So when do we move in?" I ask.

"Tomorrow." He replies smiling. I stand on my tip toes and wrap my arms around his neck.

"Thank you." I say, my voice muffled by his shirt. He wraps his arms around my waist.

"I love you." He says kissing the top of my head.

"I love you too." I reply.

I didn't really know where to go with this chapter so sorry if it doesn't really make sense or something. Im going on vacation so i have to catch the plane now, but i will try to update when i'm there! Ily💜

OH! And btw follow my

Instagram!

@_the_divergents_