Chapter 12

Tobias POV

Tris has been gone for a long time. Too long. I told her to meet me here in 15 minutes, it's been more like 15 hours. I pace the apartment thinking of what to do. Maybe she went shopping? No, Tris doesn't shop unless Christina literally drags her. And besides, I saw Christina less then an hour ago. I decide to go for a walk to let off some steam. Maybe I'll run into her? I walk calmly but faster then usual. The thought of Tris is making me dizzy. I turn a corner and hear a voice making me alert. It sounded a lot like Tris and my hopes suddenly get very high.

"PLEASE HELP!" I hear and then smack. I turn another corner- running now-to see Tris struggling in Al's grip. I immediately feel anger rush throughout my whole body. I need to kill someone. I yank Tris out of Al's grip. I'm much bigger and stronger then he is, so it's like pulling a banana peel off of a banana. I punch him until he falls to the floor unconscious. He tried to fight back but failed miserably. I breathe heavily, taking one last glance at Al and turn around, only to wish I hadn't. Tris is on the floor. Her eyes are slowly closing and her breathing is minimal. I feel my heart sink.

"Tris!!" I say running to her. Her eyes close and I panic. It must've been too much for her, so she passed out. I pick her up bridal style and run to our apartment checking her breathing every 10 seconds. It's only getting worse, making me more and more nervous.

I get to our apartment and swing the door open, quickly laying Tris on our bed.

Oh what to do? I think to myself. I'm no Erudite so what would I know?

I run into the kitchen and get an ice pack. I return to her and place it carefully on her forehead. I also get my furry black blanket from the closet and place it on her gently, kissing her cheek.

"I love you Tris. Be brave for me ok?" I whisper to her. She doesn't respond. Instead she breathes a deep breathe and lets it out. Her eyes are still closed and she rests peacefully. I sigh and leave the room closing to door ever so carefully behind me. For a second I think I hear,

"I love you Tobias." But it could've been just a hallucination.

The only thing I can do now it wait for her to wake up again. I walk into the living room slowly and plop myself onto the couch. I will make sure Al gets kicked out of dauntless for this. Because this isn't the first time it's happened. Al. Will. Pay.