Fourteen

"Just friends" don't get jealous when the other talks about someone else.

In primary school, for a school's performance we had played a play. I don't even remember what kind of a play that was but I can clearly remember myself getting more than just angry when Bea was picked for the leading female role and I wasn't picked for the leading male role. It was a kid that got to have that role and I was so angry because that kid would also portray Bea's husband on the play. And that, you bet I didn't like that at all.

- Say you're sorry!

- No, you say you're sorry!

- I won't say it, because I'm not!

- Then I'm not going to say it either, because I'm not too!

- How long is this going to last ?

Patrick asks from beside me.

- I have no idea. It's been three days that they are like this, I mean, they always fight but that one; it lasted way more than any other fight they ever had.

- Really ? I wish Susanne wanted to fight with me, she doesn't even want to see me.

- I'm sorry for that Patrick. I wish I had helped you a little.

- No, everything's my fault, I know that. But you know the night that happened...

- I don't want to hear about that night.

- Okay. You know, she came like...

- Patrick! No, I don't want to hear that.

- I'm sorry. I just miss her.

- Don't worry, she's just mad, she'll get over it but you have to try to win her back.

- Are you kidding me ? Of course I did, we were outside chemistry class, I grabbed her hand, made her look at me and said; "I don't care that you don't want to see me, I'm so in love with you and I'll tell you that everyday even if you don't want to listen to me."

- Oh! I bet she ran right into your hug, girls just melt for shit like this.

- She punched me.

- What ?

- Yeah, how did you think I gained that black eye ?

- I thought you were into a fight or something!

- Me ? Fight ? Yeah, right!

- Julian!

I turn to face both Bea and Ella, they came both at my house to ask for explanations but they end up fighting with each other.

- What ?

- Make that quick! Pick one of us to be with.

Ella says.

- What ?

- You heard her!

- Bea, don't you have a boyfriend ?

- Shit, I stood up Neymar, he was waiting for me! But...before I go, you decide which one do you want to be with!

- Okay I'll say that once and I hope I can be clear; I don't want to be with none of you.

- It's unfair! Bea has a boyfriend, she shouldn't have been an option anyway!

I face palm myself.

- I'm sorry Ella, not my fault!

- Yes Ella he's sorry! He's sorry that he got to have his dick between my legs and not between yours.

- What ?