Four

We talked like lovers and laughed like friends

High school had been pretty tough for us. For Bea specifically. She wanted to be a straight A student because her baller teacher, which she adored, had told her a thousand times that to be a good ballerina, you shouldn't fall behind with your homework and because Bea had always been disciplined, she had always been one of the best students. And she was always upset if she failed a test. Until this year.

- So Susanne is pregnant.

Patrick said.

- I thought you already knew that.

I comment.

- How can you be so chill ? For fuck's sake!

- I'm not the one that impregnated her that's why.

- Yes, but I'm your brother! Help me!

I frown.

- What do you want me to do ?

- I don't know. What do you do in cases like this ?

- I don't know Patrick. Should we tell mom ?

Patrick looks at me shocked.

- Are you stupid ? Mom is super sensitive. She'll break.

- Okay, I don't know what we should do then. And Patrick, it doesn't concern me. This is all your fault.

- You're so supportive Julian, thank you.

- No problem.

Patrick looks at me shocked.

- What is wrong with you ?

I look at him seriously. I know I'm furious. Training has been a nightmare for me this past few weeks, especially since Neymar arrived. He freaking plays in my position and he's so damn good. I know I'm not going to start in Saturday's match and this kills me. Neymar is a fantastic player and I know I can't compete with him. There's that thing about this guy that I hate, he stole from me the most important thing I had. If only he could disappear. I try my hardest to understand why on earth he left Barcelona. I know our school offered him a scholarship but there's no way a sane player would have left his previous club to play for us.

- When you decide that you're ready to talk you know where to find me.

Patrick interrupts my thoughts, his eyes being the saddest I've seen in a while. He's not the one to blame for my problems. I know that. He might have made a mistake with Susanne but he needs help, and me being a dick doesn't help him solve Susanne's pregnancy.

- I'll try get Bea talk to her again, okay ?

I ask. But then, I remember that Bea has a crush. And that makes me even more furious.

~~~~~~~~~

Although I needed to talk to Bea about her crush, I couldn't find her at school to do so. If I didn't have Neymar and my position to care about, alongside with Susanne's pregnancy and Patrick being a mess I would have searched the whole school to find her, because we're friends and friends tell everything one another. And we always shared everything, so Bea has to tell me everything about her crush but most importantly she has to make clear to me that she likes someone, because she hasn't admitted it yet.

- Hey you!

I raise my head only to see Kevin.

- What ?

I ask, annoyed. Kevin punches my shoulder.