Eight

You can never be just friends with someone you fell in love with.

Last year Bea and I had once -once- shared a kiss. We've never done such thing with one another before. We both thought that it was going to destroy our friendship. Truth was, it didn't. We just kissed one another so to see how did it feel to kiss someone you're friends with. It didn't even involve tongue. And truth was I liked it. I don't know if she did, but I did. Bea had smiled to me after the kiss and said; we'll never do such thing like that ever again, cause I might end up falling in love with you.

As I enter Starbucks I spot Ella at her phone. I think she might taking selfies cause she's making faces at her phone. I go and sit beside her. A smile plasters her face when she sees me.

- I thought you wouldn't come.

She says.

- Did I really have a choice ?

- I bet you did. Just curiosity took the best of you, right ?

She raises a brow indicating that she's right. She is. And she fucking knows it.

- You're wasting my time.

I say. Ella smiles, showing me her white teeth.

- Do I ? Why are you here then ?

- You tell me why I'm here. You said you had something to show me.

- I do. Wait.

She checks the time at her phone.

- I repeat, you're,...

- Look!

She says, pointing at the entrance of Starbucks. My mouth opens in shock as I see Bea and Neymar holding hands and laughing. They enter and they both go to order, still holding hands, still laughing. I feel my eyes watering at the sight of it. I know that Ella's watching me. I feel her hand touching mine.

- Maybe we should go.

She says. I ignore her. I keep staring at them. I can't believe it. Ella was speaking the truth. I can't believe it. I can't take my eyes of them. Ella makes me look at her.

- Julian, don't stare at them. Let's go.

- I,...

- Let's go Julian.

- How did you know that they would come ?

- They come everyday here after you finish your practice. Julian,...say something please.

- Let's go before they see us.

I say and I grab her hand, leading us both out of there. We walk a lot of meters away from Starbucks when Ella stops me.

- Julian,...I'm sorry. I didn't think it'd make you feel that bad. I just wanted to prove you that I'm not lying. Because you always think that I'm lying. Why do you think so low of me ?

- Because Ella your behavior's low. Your actions,...everything. You hurt people for a living.

- Julian, this is unfair. Have I ever hurt you ? Or have I even attempt it ?

- You hurt me when you bullied Bea and she was crying because of it you know.

- You and Bea aren't the same person!

She screams.

- But she's my best friend!

I scream back.

- Oh, really ? It didn't seem like that to me!

I stop walking. She's right. How can she be my best friend if she didn't even tell me that she's dating him ?