Eleven

Once you fall in love there's no going back to being just friends.

Bea's first recital was in junior high school. There was some Christmas and she had completely stole the role from Ella. Ella had been so mad that she didn't want to be a part of the recital at all. But her baller teacher knocked some sense in her head. Anyway, Bea was the most talented ballerina I've ever seen in my entire left. I cheered throughout all her recital, which if I'm guessing from the looks I earned, was completely irrelevant. And in the end of her show, I gave Bea roses as everyone else did too.

Kelly's house was big. At least big for one person. If we considered she lived on her own. And Kelly was really beautiful. She hugged awkwardly Bea's father and then turned her attention at us.

- You must be Beatrice! Your father talks all the time about you! What a beautiful girl you are! You look a lot like him.

She tried her hardest but Bea wasn't in the mood to play nice and all.

- Nice to meet you Kelly.

She just said not smiling in the slightest. Kelly seemed disappointed but faked a smile again, trying to cheer herself up.

- And you must be Beatrice's boyfriend.

She says shaking my hand.

- Actually,...well anyway. Nice to meet you Kelly.

I say and smile at her. She seems relieved that someone does like her.

- I don't know if you're hungry but I cooked for you. And I can show you your rooms. Now I didn't know that Beatrice's boyfriend would come but don't worry we've got room for another person too. What's your name again sweetie ?

- Julian.

- Julian, that's a beautiful name. I can show you your room...

- No need to. Julian will sleep with me.

Bea announces. Kelly turns to look at Bea's father. He nods his head, he himself can't go against his daughter's will.

- Okay, let me show you your room then!

Kelly leads us to a room upstairs big and bright. Why is it so big ? And why doesn't anyone stay here ?

- You can leave your things here. And come down I bet you're hungry.

She keeps checking Bea to understand her reaction. Oh, God Kelly's anxious and Bea's not even making an effort.

- Thank you Kelly.

I reply on behalf of her and she fakes a smile. She's disappointed that Bea doesn't give her the chance to like her. When Kelly disappears I look at Bea.

- She's making an effort Bea. Please, do something too. She seems so nice.

Bea sits in the bed.

- I know.

I place a hand in her shoulder.

- Your dad seems to be happy. Do it for him.

I put some strays of hair behind her ear and when she turns to look at me I have again the urge to kiss her. I so badly want to kiss her these last few days, but I keep reminding myself that it's a mistake.

- Thanks for coming really. I don't know how I would have reacted weren't for you.

I keep thinking at her words. I think Kelly is happier that I came than Bea is.

- I need to brush my hair.

Bea says, standing up from the bed. She searches for her brush and looks at me tiredly.