Ten

Have you ever had that one guy ? Yeah, you call him your "best friend" but really you're in love with him.

In primary school Bea and I exchanged our paintings. We had both draw each other, holding hands and playing together. I always said that Bea's drawing was better, although that wasn't truth in the slightest. Mine was. But if I would say that, Bea would start crying. She also said that mine was better, but Bea's born a winner, so she obviously didn't mean it. Either way, I didn't care about my drawing being the better one, as long as Bea was happy.

- Is Ella here ?

I ask immediately the girl that opens the door to Ella's house. She looks just like Ella, same blue eyes, same blonde hair. She seems nicer though. And older. She smiles at me genuinely.

- Yes, come in and I'll call her.

Although I've been to Ella's place before it's the only time I really get to memorize the place. After a while Ella comes with the other girl that seems excited to see us together.

- Do you want me to get you anything ?

She asks.

- Just go Hayley!

- Okay.

She says, smiling at Ella. Then, she turns at me.

- What the hell are you doing here ?

- Ella, I...

- I don't want to listen to you Julian! I've had enough of your bull. What ? Are you going to say that you're sorry again ? I don't need your apologies!

I close my eyes to calm myself.

Why did I want to do that again ?

- So, you can go.

Ella says, finishing her monologue.

- Are you done ?

I ask her.

- Yes. And so are you.

- Okay, don't listen to what I've got to say. I want to saw you something.

And before she can protest, I close the distance between us, pulling her in a kiss, that I realized I liked way more than I should. Without hesitation, she kisses me back wrapping her arms around my neck.

- Are you sure you don't want anything ? We've got...oh sorry I'm leaving.

- I asked you to Hayley!

Ella screams again, while having broken our kiss.

- Yeah right. I'm sorry.

And she disappears again. Ella turns back at me.

- Now, where were we ?

~~~~~~~~~

As our practice finishes for the day and I'm ready to head to the changing rooms I spot Bea in the stands. She looks at me and smiles.

Good to know that you came to see Neymar.

I smile back at her though, cause if I want to be real to myself, I wasn't honest with her either. Although I don't expect her to do anything -except, wait for Neymar of course,- she approaches me hastily.

- Julian!

She smiles brightly.

- Hi, Bea how did it come you came here ?