f i f t e e n

Johnny hums softly the next morning, running late is fingers gently through his lover's hair. The younger boy looks so peaceful when he's sleeping.

The 17 year old male carefully brings Ponyboy closer, an arm wrapped loosely around his waist. It was really peaceful, the house was silent.

Well, it was for a few more minutes before he heard noises coming down from the kitchen. Johnny assumes it was Soda and stayed put, not actually realizing what time it was.

Ponyboy stirs and props himself up on his elbows, a tired look in his eyes. The older boy smiles up at him and leans up, pressing a kiss to his cheek.

"Morning beautiful," Johnny says gently. "How'd you sleep?"

"Pretty good," Ponyboy slurs. "And morning to you too baby."

Johnny stays laid down on his side, smiling wide. He was unbelievably happy at the moment with everything.

The door opens and in that second, his hopes, dreams, and even possible safety were crushed. There stood Darry.

"Ponyboy get-"

The oldest boy's eyes widen in utter shock at what.he saw before him. Seeing your little brother naked under the covers with your 'butler' wasn't such a good sight.

"What the fuck," Darry growls. "Johnathon I told you to stay the hell away from him! And what do you do? You don't fucking listen because you're such an idiot!"

"D-darry don't yell at him," Ponyboy tries. "H-he didn't do anything wrong."

"To me, him being within five feet of you is wrong because I told him to stay away," Darry growls. "I said I'd kill him if he disobeyed so I guess right now that applies. Johnathon get up right now!"

Johnny scrambles out of bed quickly, pulling on his boxers before standing there nervously. The older boy grabs Johnny by his hair.

"You fucking slept with him," Darry exclaims. "You sick fuck! You probably forced yourself on him!"

Johnny yelps in pain and his eyes well up, the feeling of his hair being yanked on. He reaches his hands up to try and get his fingers out of his hair.

"D-darry stop! You're h-hurting him," Ponyboy wails. "S-stop! H-he didn't! I-i wanted him to! H-he's my fucking boyfriend!"

Darry's actions stop right there, his grip loosening a little and Johnny squirms away, a tear sliding down his cheek. His boyfriend...

"My little brother isn't a fag," Darry says quietly. "I didn't raise a faggot and neither did mom and dad!"

Footsteps could be heard coming up the stairs quickly and then sprinting down the hall. Soda comes in.

"What the hell is happening," Soda yells.

His eyes wander to Johnny only in his boxers and Ponyboy under the covers, clearly naked. Darry had finally caught them and at one of the worst times.

"Darry cut it out," Soda says. "Gosh you didn't raise a fag? You're right. You raised two."

Darry's jaw locks and he looks at Soda, glaring. The younger boy bot stands his ground though, looking up at him slightly.

"You're a fag too," Darry questions.

"A fucking proud fag at that," Soda conforms. "My boyfriend wouldn't take too kindly at you saying these slurs and hurting Johnny. You're so caught up with power that you think you can own a person but you can't. You can't run someone's life and who gives a fuck if we're fags? Darry we're in love and we would support you no matter who you fell in love with! Our little brother found love and you don't find that too much so let him hold onto his love and happiness! Let him be with Johnny and stop barking orders like you're the boss!"

Soda's face was bright red in anger. He glances at Ponyboy and Johnny before smiling a little.

"Do not lay a finger on those boys," Soda says. "Start doing your own work around here because Johnny can't be kept in this house forever, he's not a worker... He's a human being that you may have saved him from dying on the streets but you ripped him away from his childhood and his life. The boy hasn't even set foot in a fucking school. Leave him alone and let him live his life like a person and not an object..."

"You're...," Darry starts, slowly calming down and understanding. "You're right... I-i just got caught up with power and all... G-gosh the only reason I said those slurs w-was to keep myself thinking that I'm not one..."

"Darry... You're gay," Ponyboy asks.

"I-i dunno anymore," Darry murmurs, his voice cracking.

The oldest brother's eyes well up and tears slide down his cheek slowly. He was so confused...

"T-there's this guy I u-used to go to school with," Darry says though tears. "E-even back then he made m-me feel something I didn't wanna a-admit... H-he called me again a-and asked to talk and that's w-why I've been so on edge h-here... I-i'm scared..."

Soda hesitantly hugs his brother tightly and rests his head on his shoulder. Ponyboy slowly gets up and pulls on his boxers, hugging Darry as well.

Johnny stayed back in fear, thinking that all his emotion crashing in was a stunt to get him close to where he could grab him. After a minute, he clearly saw that this was a person actually crumbling down, breaking.

"W-who is it," Johnny questions quietly.

"Y-you don't know him," Darry says.

"Darry who is it," Ponyboy questions, a little more stern than his boyfriend's words. "We can help you with all of this..."

"F-fine... H-his name is Paul Holden..."

-  -  -  -  -

How was this?

I think I did pretty good with that surprise. Yay me.

Also a little self promo here for me. Go check out my new book 'Puppy Dog Eyes'

Its Daniel LaRusso x Johnny Lawrence which is honestly amazing, to me at least. That's my thank you present for 600 amazing followers.

I love you guys 💕