e i g h t e e n

Time Skip To A Week Later

"I can't do it Ponyboy," Johnny wails. "Its so hard!"

Ponyboy was trying to teach Johnny some things from school based on what he thought was okay. He assumed Johnny went to school until his parents died, so Johnny should know a few of the basics.

"Johnny, its okay," Ponyboy cooes.

He wraps his arms around the older boy lightly and sighs, swaying with him. They've been at this for about an hour and a half but Johnny just wasn't picking up anything, at least not quickly.

"I-i don't understand what you're t-talking about," Johnny murmurs. "I-i don't know anything past b-basic child's English and Math."

"When did you have to stop going to school baby," Ponyboy asks gently.

"I-i was ten," Johnny whimpers.

"That's why you don't understand," Ponyboy says softly. "I was teaching you stuff not even a ten year old would understand... I was teaching you stuff maybe a 6th grader would know. Its okay, that was on me. We'll just work up from there, okay?"

Johnny weakly nods his head, sniffling. He was slowly starting to calm down.

"Wanna take a break for a little while," Ponyboy asks. "Get you something to eat and drink? I think you need something."

"Y-yeah," Johnny whimpers.

Ponyboy stands up from his bed with Johnny, slowly walking down the stairs with him. He hums and goes into the kitchen.

"What do you want," Ponyboy asks.

Johnny shrugs his shoulders slightly, not knowing exactly what he wanted. Ponyboy kisses his cheek gently, smiling.

"We have some yogurt in the fridge," Ponyboy says shrugging. "Want some?"

Johnny nods his head slightly, starting to smile a little bit. The younger boy gets into his fridge and grabs the container off vanilla yogurt, grabbing two spoons after.

"C'mon, we'll sit on the couch and relax for a little bit," Ponyboy says happily.

Both boys walk out and plop themselves onto the couch, turning to face each other. Johnny hums as Ponyboy opens the lid.

"Here you are," Ponyboy hums, handing Johnny his spoon.

Johnny takes it and instantly gets a spoonful of yogurt, sticking it into his mouth. Ponyboy does the same and glances around.

"So, Johnny," Ponyboy starts. "How do you feel now that Darry is okay with us and you in general?"

"I feel... Safer in a way knowing that he's not out to kill me for just looking at you," Johnny says shrugging. "But what I don't understand is that he could've kicked me out if he didn't like me but he didn't... He'd let me stay. Either way I just feel better. I missed having a family and now I have one."

Johnny grins before digging into the yogurt container again, giggling. He was so cute.

"Well I'm glad you feel safer baby," Ponyboy says. "And I feel happy not having to sneak around with you anymore, although I found it a bit romantic... Like Romeo and Juliet."

"Romeo and Juliet," Johnny questions. "What's that?"

"Its a novel I had to read for school. It was pretty interesting although the ending was a bit sad," Ponyboy murmurs. "Still a nice book."

"I wish I could read the books you do," Johnny says. "I can barely read a children's book, much less read a novel. I can't write for shit either, its like watching a kindergarten student write S's backwards. It's so sloppy."

"That's what I'm here for," Ponyboy says. "Not only am I your boyfriend, I am your half assed teacher. Its my job to help you whenever you need it."

"And I'm here for you whenever you need me," Johnny says.

The older boy presses his lips against Ponyboy's gently.

-  -  -  -  -

How was this?

I think the next chapter might be the last one. Since all the problems are solved really, I can't do much else.

I'll try to write a longer, more fulfilling ending to this story since all my other story endings are shit. Also, I think I did a good job with this story and its plot so it deserves a good ending.