t w e l v e

The door opens and there stands Soda. He sees the two younger boys and squeals.

"Johnathon," Soda says happily. "Did he do it?"

Johnny blushes deeply and nods his head. Soda walks closer to them, closing the front door and he grins happily.

"I told you he would," Soda squeals.

Ponyboy looks at his older brother questioningly. Johnny leans on his new boyfriend and smiles shyly.

"I walked in the room one night to find Johnny sleeping in the bed with you. So I talked to him and he said you haven't asked him out yet. Now you have and I'm super happy for you two," Soda exclaims.

Ponyboy laughs lightly and grins, nodding his head. He pulls Johnny closer to him and kisses his temple.

"Thanks Soda, really," Ponyboy says. "You're so accepting and sweet. How come you don't got a lovely girlfriend?"

Ponyboy was only teasing of course but Soda blushes. He bites his lip shyly.

"I don't have a girlfriend," Soda murmurs. "But... I do have a lovely, handsome boyfriend."

"What," Ponyboy squeals. "You have a boyfriend and you didn't tell me!?"

"I wanted to Ponyboy but he said he didn't know how you'd react," Soda says. "I said that you had a boy crush and he said I could."

"So who is it," Johnny asks softly.

"Do y'all remember Steve Randle? The one from my work and the boy who comes over sometimes," Soda asks.

"That's your boyfriend," Pony asks.

"Uh huh and he's awful sweet," Soda gushes. "He's a cutie too. I just love him so so much!"

"I've only seen him once," Johnny murmurs. "Him and Darry were talking about how he got me to behave and do as he says..."

"Oh Johnny," Ponyboy cooes. "It'll be okay.."

"Steve doesn't like the fact that you work around here like a mad man," Soda says. "He was asking me if you got paid for it. I told him no and him and I agreed on something.."

Ponyboy and Johnny look at Soda curiously. The youngest boy tilts his head.

"Steve and I wanted to each take $10 off of our paychecks and give it to you. Johnny you work so so hard and you deserve a pay," Soda says. "I won't take no for an answer."

"But Soda, that's you and Steve's money," Johnny says. "I don't wanna take that from you guys..."

"It's no trouble, really," Soda says kindly. "We just need to make sure you hide it from Darry. He'd skin me if he found out I was paying you."

"Where do I hide it," Johnny asks.

"Well Ponyboy has a painted jar that sits in his room. Just put all your money in there and take a bit out when you need it," Soda says. "Would that be okay Ponyboy?"

"Of course," Ponyboy says. "He can hide his money in that. I don't use it and it'll be good for him to have all that money."

Johnny smiles sheepishly and presses his face into Ponyboy's chest. The younger boy smiles.

"Oh, and Darry told me he'd be home early tonight," Soda says. "Which means y'all better detach from one another and let Johnny get back to doing those shitty chores."

Johnny pouts and whines, pulling away from his boyfriend. Ponyboy kisses his cheek quickly.

"I'll see you later tonight in my room," Ponyboy says. "Same time as always baby."

Johnny blushes and nods. Soda makes an 'aw' noise at the two and pull two $10s out of his pocket.

"This is mine and Steve's part. Pony go hide it for us please," Soda says, dragging out the last word.

Ponyboy nods and goes up the stairs to his room. Soda walks over and ruffles Johnny's hair.

"C'mon, I'll help you start on dinner."

-  -  -  -  -

How was this?

I hope you enjoyed this! ❤