p r o l o g u e

Johnny Cade was doing dishes in the Curtis home, often looking out the window sadly. The only time he went outside was to clean up something or when he was being punished.

The two oldest Curtis brothers were at they're own jobs, getting payed while Johnny work for nothing but food. Ponyboy, the youngest Curtis brother, was home from school and sat on the couch doing his schoolwork.

Johnny stuck his hand in the dish water again, bringing his hand up quickly when he felt something peirce his skin. He whimpered and turned on cold water, running his hand under it.

"O-oh shit," Johnny murmured quietly. "O-ouch..."

He bit his lip as he heard the door open, focusing on his bloody finger and took a deep breath. Someone walked into the room, looking at him from behind and snickers.

"Again boy, you can't seem to do anything right these days," the voice said. "Why's that?"

"I-i'm sorry sir... I-i didn't mean to cut myself," Johnny said, turning back to who was speaking. "I-i promise."

It was Darry, his arms crossed over his chest and tapping his foot. He smirked at the younger boy.

"M-may I get a b-band-aid sir, p-please," Johnny almost pleaded. "I-it hurts."

"I bet it does but that was all your fault now huh," Darry said. "You cut yourself on your own so you can somehow fix it on your own. I say let it heal, you'll live."

"Y-yes sir..."

Johnny whimpered softly, nodding his head. Darry walked out of the room, into the living room to check on Ponyboy.

"Darry, why are you so tough on him, you know he just lost his family," Ponyboy said softly.

"I don't give a fuck about him Ponyboy, he's only here to help around the house and clean up messes," Darry said sternly. "And don't you dare think of helping him in any way, he can do it on his own, parents or no parents."

"Okay Darry..."

Johnny heard from the kitchen his bottom lip began to quiver, slowly bursting into silent sobs. He bit his lip roughly and stuck his hands into the dish water, finishing the dishes.

Johnny's parents meant the world to Johnny. They loved him more than anything in the world until one day, they just never came home.

Turns out, Johnny's parents had been killed on the home by some drunk. He thought it would be funny to follow them home (his parent's couldn't afford a car) and stab them.

When Johnny found out, it broke him and he didn't have any other family to go home to or stay with. So he sat on the road with one of those signs that said 'will work for place to stay and food' and that's how he ended up here...

He just never thought any person could be this mean to him. He'd clean and tidy up evert inch of the house, only to get cussed at in return.

Oh what a hell hole he lived in...

- - - - -

Welcome to my new Johnnyboy story! It's just the prologue and not that good so far but I'm happy with it?

How was this?