This caused Lauren to frown heavily. Normani didn't even have to give her an explicit answer to know the truth. She should have felt the weird energy of this fucked up family the minute she stepped foot in that house. It seemed almost too sinister.

Right then and there, Lauren made a vow to herself that she gotta get Normani out of this hell hole or else she could die. And that's not sugar coating anything. If she doesn't act quickly, Jim is gonna kill her and cover the shit up.

Lauren took her earrings out of her ear, wiped them off on her shirt and passed them to Normani. "Take these and wear them at all time okay?" She stated firmly as she watched her friend take the earrings and put them in her ears.

"They are for your protection when you're away from me," Lauren finished saying as Normani admired her new accessory from her phone.

The dark girl looked at Lauren and gave her a small smile, "I really like them Lo but don't you think this is a little obsessive?"

Lauren laughed and shook her head, "If you want a new set, I can buy you whichever ones you like tomorrow before my match,"

That caused Normani to giggle with a slight blush rising up on her cheeks, "Does that sound good to you?" Lauren asked, smirking a bit as she took Normani's hand in hers.

Mani nodded and couldn't help the wide smile on her lips as she looked at Lauren. She didn't know how long her and Lauren were just enjoying each other's company until someone shouted her name from across the playground.

"Normani, it's time to let Ms. Jauregui go come now," Jim shouted at her. Even from all this way, his voice still made Normani twitch in the most unpleasant of ways.

Lauren noticed and could only feel more resentment towards the man. He really needs to die at this point.

Normani moved to get up but Lauren was right besides her, "Let's go together." She said, still holding Mani's hand in hers.

They walked hand in hand to where everyone else was by the steps. Lauren gave one last smile to Normani before hugging her, "Stay safe. I'm coming for you," she whispered in her ear before letting go.

Normani nodded and it felt like she was about to cry but she held it in. Don't cry right now Mani. She's coming back.

Lauren, followed by her siblings, got in her car, ready to drive back to their house.

Taylor noticed something wrong with her older sister though, "Lauren, you look pale and it's not a good look either. You feeling okay?"

All the dark haired girl could do is rest her head on the wheel as she had her eyes closed, trying to keep her overwhelming emotions at bay, "I feel like I'm gonna vomit Tay but I'm going to get us home first," Lauren answered as she started the car and drove them home.

~

At the house, Lauren ran up to her room, to the bathroom, to release all the disturbance in her stomach in the toilet. While puking up the contents of the food she ate, she felt a hand brush her hair back.

"You don't have to tell me Lauren," she heard her mother say as she placed a rubber band around her hair, "The reason you're puking is out of worry. You're worried for Normani aren't you?"

Finally able to catch herself, Lauren pulled her head out of the toilet bowl and sat down on the floor. She nodded her head as her mother passed her a water bottle.

"All I'm going to say is that do what you think is right and have a talk with your father about it. He'll most likely take your word for anything you have to say." Clara said to her daughter before leaving the bathroom.

Now alone, Lauren balled up and let all her emotions out.

She cried.

In no way was she crying for herself. She was crying for her friend who was going to be in danger the minute she left her with those horrible people.

She cried because she didn't know the extent of the beatings.

She cried because she knew Normani would be crying from the pain.

She cried because of the evil being brought upon such a nice and innocent girl. How fucked up do you have to be to do such a thing?!

~

This Chapter is brought to you by the people who keep asking me to update 😌. Please go and thank them.

Remember to vote and comment!