VI

Friday

Throwing herself out of her house wasn't the best idea the Cuban girl had. Like literally she jumped out of the doorway to head to school.

Fridays were the worst day of the week just because it was close to the weekend.

Lauren groaned as she swiftly got herself out of the lush, green grass and into her car.

(Lauren's Car)

"Thank God for my parents," Lauren thought as she sat in the driver's seat, started her car and drove off to school

~

Pulling up through the school gates and into the parking lot, the dark headed teen was greeted by mostly everyone. Some she didn't recognize and went with the flow and some who were just straight up fake and just waved at her for clout.

"So, I see you're misses popular now?" A latina voice who she acknowledged right away.

Not giving her a glance, Lauren paced into the hallway, searching everywhere for her dark haired friend.

Feeling a hand touch her wrist, honestly thinking that it was the African American teen, she quickly turned around to be disappointed with the result.

"Listen to me Lauren. Please. Don't walk away from me," The girl said, keeping her grip firm on Lauren's wrist.

Sighing, the Cuban girl muttered, "Look, I have a very important person to meet before classes start and she deserves all my attention right now so let go."

Not awaiting for the girl's answer, Lauren ripped her wrist free and continued her search for her ebony friend.

Looking for her friend became a tedious task as the homeroom bell had rung and she still was no where to be found.

Feeling herself get scared, Lauren rushed to Cassandra's office, chest rising and falling quickly.

"Cassandra, I can't find Normani."

The nurse looked at the out of breath teen in front of her and chuckled, "Have you ever thought that she just didn't show up to school today?"

Peering up and realizing that she blocked all rational thinking and went into straight panic mode, made the Hispanic girl chuckled lightly.

"Thanks Cassandra. I'm gonna head to homeroom before I'm marked absent."

And with that, she went off to class with a little wave from the nurse.

~

Peering over at the loud children in the cafeteria, the emerald eyed girl was left to her thoughts, feeling irregular without her ebony girl beside her.

Wait? Her girl?

Chuckling quietly to herself, she didn't want to say the revelation but she knew she was captivated by the dark girl. She was all she could think about for the past two periods.