Chapter 18

She's horny

(its family friendly so don't worry)

"bye, jocelyne. it was so nice meeting you. thank you for everything." i said, waving goodbye to josh's sister.

"bye, ty. have a safe flight. make sure my brother stays out of trouble! love you!" she called as i put my suitcase in the car.

"love you, too." i chuckled, mainly because jocelyne was like a bestfriend and i'd honestly miss her.

josh waved one last time to his sister before we were on our way back home to ohio. i was anticipating our warm bed again, having to wake up early to leave this morning. josh turned down a quiet street and there was nothing but silence in the car, as well as the engine running.

i wondered if i should just stay in the forensics program. it was fun, and easiest just to stay put. i would love to play instruments and sing songs from the heart, really. but-

my phone vibrated in my pocket, pete's contact flashing from the screen.

"hello?" i asked, looking out the window.

"tyler!" pete seemed panicked.

"pete? are you alright?"

"yeah, yeah, but tyler-"

"what?"

"tyler's walking around the apartment and making really strange noises. she's crawling on the floor all weird!"

"what?"

"yeah, she's like making yowling sounds and rolling on the floor! is she okay?"

i covered the phone with my hand so pete couldn't hear me, turning to josh for help.

"tyler's being weird." i said.

"how?" he glanced at me before turning his attention back on the road.

"yowling sounds and strange positions?"

"how old did the breeder say she was?" josh squinted his eyes in thought.

"about six months."

"ask him if she's being clingy." josh said, making a left by the light.

"is she being clingy?" i asked pete.

"yes! she won't stop rubbing herself against patrick's ankles! he almost tripped over her."

"yes." i told josh, waiting for an answer.

"she's in heat."

"what?"

"she's horny." josh said with a shrug, parking the car in the lot across from the airport.

"pete?" i uncovered my hand from the phone.

"yeah?"

"she's in heat."

"what?"

"she's horny."

the line was silent for a long time, me trying to stifle my giggles as i could imagine pete's face right now.

"o-okay." pete said, voice soft.

"she will be fine, don't worry. we'll be there in a few hours. love you."

"uh huh."

pete hung up the phone and i laughed, causing josh to smile as we got our suitcases out of the trunk.

"will this go on for a long time?" i asked, not really wanting to trip over our cat and accidentally kill her. we just got her, and i like tyler.

"hopefully a week at most. she's going to be up all night with that calling."

josh intertwined our fingers as we crossed the street, the simple gesture creating a bubbly feeling to rise in my chest. we waited in line to check our tickets before going straight into the food court.

"tyler! look!" josh pointed to the familiar purple bell on top of a stand.

"taco bell!" i said, suddenly in the mood for tacos.

"i wonder if they have the twelve for twelve deal." josh said, thinking to himself.

"let's go find out." i said, dragging both josh and our suitcase behind me.

...

we finally arrived after a few hours, thanking pete and patrick before falling onto our bed.

we didn't change or anything, but i was tired as hell and tyler wouldn't stop calling. it was so loud, and she sounded like she was dying.

"josh, are you sure tyler's okay?"

"one hundred percent. she just wants a boy cat."

"let's give her a boy cat." i said, tilting my head to the side. who was i to deny her that right?

"and have a shit ton more kittens? tyler, we barely have enough money to eat tacos."

"are tacos all you think about?"

"no!" josh shot me an incredulous look, turning up to the ceiling again. "yes."

i rolled my eyes, smiling and shifting so that i was on my side and resting my head on his chest.

"josh?" i looked up at him through my eyelashes.

"yeah?"

"i love you." i said, just to remind him in case he forgot.

"i love you, too." he smiled, leaning down and kissing my head.

just then, i felt tiny paws sink into my thighs, climbing up and settling herself between josh and i. she was yowling again, rubbing her face on my stomach.

"tyler!"

she looked up at me with big, blue eyes, stalking over to my face and pressing her nose against mine.

okay, she was cute.

"you two are adorable." josh smiled, petting tyler's ear.

it kind of felt like we had a little family.

sure, we weren't even close to thinking about getting married, but it was nice to have an idea of what it would be like. tyler was kind of like a child, needing attention and care. josh was like the mom who knew every single thing and i was the dad that was trying to survive and not kill our kid, asking for help on anything and everything.

the notion warmed my heart, being next to josh and playing with tyler.

if this is what the rest of my life would be like, i certainly wouldn't mind it.

Actions