Chapter 17

Beach day

(Important notes at the end, please read)

"get up, you two! the beach is going to get crowded!" jocelyne called, hitting both of us with our pillows.

"jocelyne!" josh groaned, hiding his face in the covers.

"up!"

he uncovered his hand to flick her off, causing her to laugh.

"i love you, josh."

"i hate you."

i rubbed the sleep out of my eyes, squinting because of the brightness in the room. i was able to see a blurry jocelyne in a pinkish orange bikini, a white beach dress over it and sunglasses perched on top of her pulled back hair. she was glowing in the sunlight, waiting for us to get up.

"jocelyne, did you know you're actually really pretty?" i asked.

"aw, really? josh, find another boyfriend, i'm dating tyler now."

"tyler's gay!" he said from underneath the covers, his voice deep with sleep.

"i'll be straight for you, jocelyne."

she playfully punched my shoulder, laughing. "go get ready, you freaks. meet me downstairs."

she left the room, leaving me to try and get josh up.

"joshy." i went over to his side of the bed.

he covered his head again, snuggling into the pillow. he hummed in disagreement, turning on his back. i quickly got on top of him, straddling his hips and making him open his eyes slightly.

"wake up, babe. we've got to go." i said, placing my hands on his bare chest.

"i don't wanna." he pouted.

i leaned down, kissing his lips. when i pulled back, he was smiling.

"what was that for?" he asked, placing his hands on my hips.

"now you're smiling." i poked his dimples, making him cover his cheeks with his hands.

josh looked gorgeous on top of the pure white sheets, pink hair wild against the pillow. the sunlight lit up the bed, glinting off of his nose ring. just being here with him gave me a warm-fuzzy feeling in my stomach.

josh was like clean clothes that were fresh out the dryer, like the right amount of cream in your coffee when you need to wake up. he was the dew on flower petals in the morning, a simple thing that could make anyone happy. he was greater than the universe, the entire galaxy in his soul, but he somehow managed to love me.

i somehow managed to have him. by some freak chance, out of the seven billion people on this earth, josh came to me.

and i was the luckiest guy on earth to call this ball of sunshine mine.

"josh, you're beautiful." i smiled slightly, observing his face. i trailed my eyes from his light eyebrows to his pretty eyes, to his defined jawline and the scruff on his chin.

"what makes you say that?" he asked, searching my eyes.

"what makes me not say it? i think it all the time, but sometimes i forget to tell you. i just think you're beautiful." i shrugged, looking down.

he smiled again, intertwining our fingers and moving his elbows in figure eights.

"i don't deserve you." he said, shaking his head to emphasize his point and smiling slightly.