1 || Grateful For You, Once Again ||

Start from the beginning

I just continued to embrace him, not wanting to ruin our special moment with each other. I had never heard such kind words from anyone before. He always knew how to make me feel better, and I didn't know whether it was because we had known each other for a long time or because he just knew me like he knew himself. But that didn't matter to me in that moment.

All that mattered was that he loved me, and I loved him. Forever and ever. Just us, the two of us, in a circle that'll go around and around for all of eternity.

Together forever.

Maria Hospital: East Wing, Cafeteria
14th Of February XX19
10:37 am

The low bustling of chatter filled my ears once I was wheeled into the large room that I had never gotten to be in. It was relatively quiet, but loud enough that it overwhelmed me a little bit. Having never left my room, except for the garden, I was not used to loud and crowded areas such as this one.

I felt myself being pushed forward by the person who stood behind me as I tried to get used to my unfamiliar surroundings. I gripped the chair tightly, anxiety bubbling in my chest as I didn't know what would happen in an environment I wasn't used to.

Seeming to sense this, the person pushing my wheelchair patted my head in a reassuring manner, "Don't worry, Eren," He spoke softly, "I'm here, so you needn't worry your pretty little head about a thing."

I listened to the pair of footsteps behind me as it resounded in my ears and blocked out every other noise. I focused on that one sound, only that sound. It calmed me. Those familiar pairs of feet calmed me as I knew who they belonged to. Sounds I recognised calmed me.

I breathed, "Thanks, Levi," I let go of the chair and patted on the spot I held onto, smoothing out the wrinkle that showed evidence of my previous anxiety, "I'll try not to worry too much."

He didn't respond, but instead, kept petting my hair as a way to keep me relaxed until we reached our destination. I enjoyed his touch very much; it was soothing and warm. It reminded me of the days my mother would sing to me every night with her hand in mine as I fell asleep.

The movement I had felt earlier stopped and I could no longer hear the clacking of feet against the floor as I was wheeled across the room. However, the hand on top of my head had not moved from its place in my hair, which comforted me, silently assuring me that Levi was still by my side.

"I know this isn't the date that you imagined, but since you're not allowed of the hospital, this will have to do," Levi explained, a little bit disappointed, "I set the table myself and although you can't see it, I've placed your favourite flowers in the centre."

I smiled wildly, "It's perfect, Levi," I reassured, "I'm sure it looks absolutely wonderful. In fact, I love it." And that was the truth. I could smell the flowers from where I sat and could just imagine how much time it took for him to do this. Just knowing that he put effort into making this date as beautiful as it was made me grin.

"Well," He started as I heard the scrapping of metal against the floor, presumably so Levi could sit down on one of the cafeteria chairs, "For lunch, we have your favourite: mashed potato with rice and salad."

I gasped, "Did you make this yourself? They don't sell this in the cafeteria!" I placed my hand on the table and searched for a fork and spoon. Once I found them, I grabbed onto the side of the plate and took a bite using said utensils.

"Yes, I did," Then I heard him chuckle softly, "Do you like it?" I just nodded my head vigorously, unable to talk with my mouth full, knowing that Levi found it disgusting and would scold me, as if I were a child, whenever I did it.

"Levi," I spoke when I had swallowed down my food, "Thank you for today, for the effort you put in for me and for being there to catch me when I fall."

A hand wrapped itself around my own which was resting on the table's surface, "There's no need to thank me, Eren. I do all this because I love you and for no other reason than that."

I frowned sadly in his general direction, "I really, really, really, really want..." I trailed off, putting my free hand against my eyes, "I really want to see you."

"I know, Eren," He traces his thumb in circles on the palm of my hand, "I know." I heard him stand from his chair and walk around the table so he stood next to me.

He took both of my hands in his own, and from the angle he held them at, I could tell that he was kneeling down in front of me, "Levi, what are you—?"

"Eren," He interrupted, "Please don't be sad. I want you to be happy. I truly want that. So please smile, if not for you, then for me. Today's special you know?"

I felt something warm move against my lips, his warm breathe heating up my skin as I quickly kissed the love of my life back. However, it ended all too soon, just so he could whisper a few beautiful, loving words into my ear,

"Happy Valentine's Day, Eren."