1 || Grateful For You, Once Again ||

DISCLAIMER! ~ I  DO NOT OWN ATTACK ON TITAN OR ANY OF IT'S CHARACTERS! THEY ALL BELONG TO HAJIME ISAYAMA! I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THESE PICTURES! CREDITS BELONG TO THEIR ORIGINAL OWNERS! I ONLY OWN THE PLOT OF THIS STORY! I HOPE YOU ENJOY AND HAVE A NICE DAY!

~*~
Maria Hospital: Hospital Room 69, Level 4
14th Of February XX19
07:37 am

A spine-shivering breeze blew in through the window I had left open the day before as I hadn't been bothered to close it, making me shudder as I laid there on my lonesome bed. Despite the cold I was feeling, I didn't regret the choice of leaving the window open as it felt familiar to me, like it had happened before.

Sounds of the birds chirping happily and the leaves rustling almost violently reached my ears as I smiled gently, imagining what it would be like to see those very things once again. Although, I had forgotten what the intricate trees filled with branches of vibrant green leaves and the tiny wonders that would fly around outside all day once looked like.

It was sad that I couldn't remember something that normal people could see everyday. It was sad that these normal people take such things for granted, only ever appreciating them when they've lost it all forever.

A warm hand placed itself upon my own, giving me much needed warmth, "You know," A voice spoke, soft and quiet, almost afraid to break the comfortable silence as he stroked his fingers across my palm, "You're going to catch a cold if you leave the window open." The voice was warm and loving, just like his hand.

"I know," I said with a soft smile on my lips, "But it's nice."

He stopped stroking my hand but gripped onto it instead, "How is catching a cold 'nice'?"

"I didn't mean it like that!" I answered with a laugh in my tone, entwining our fingers, "I meant that it's nice because it reminds me of the first time we met."

He didn't speak after that as he gently stroked my hand once more. His touch was just so warm and loving that I could calm down from anything if I felt his hand. I was grateful for that. I was grateful for him.

"You know," I spoke, breaking the silence, "I couldn't imagine a world without you, Levs." I then laughed, "Probably because I can't see, but it's true either way."

He started to chuckle beside me, "I couldn't imagine a world without you either." He spoke with so much sincerity that I just had to believe him, "I hope that you'll be able to see one day, Eren."

"Me too," I whispered with a small frown, "But I've physically lost my eyes, Levi, and, unless they invent some crazy technology for artificial eyes, I'll never be able to see ever again."

"Eren," My lover's tone turned stern, like he was about to scold me, as he shifted his body to now sit next to me on the hospital bed, "Please don't give up hope. I know that the chance of being able to see, to see my face, your face, to see the ocean, to see the world again, is a small one, and I know that we can never be a normal couple because you're stuck here, in this hospital," He paused, his arms moving to tightly wrap around my waist as he held me like he was going to lose me, "But I don't care. I don't care that you or I or we aren't normal. That just makes us special, you know? Eren, you are special and unique and so much more. I'm lucky to have you, even if you'll never know what I look like, because that doesn't matter to me. What matters is that I love you and you love me. Please, remember that, Eren."