Chapter 14

Copyright © 2021 by J_Malhotra

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods. Any resemblance to the characters featured in this story or other similarities will be taken into investigation, should a need arise and if necessary legal actions will also be taken.

She heard Dean step out of the bathroom, with a towel draped around his waist. Hair wet. Looking every inch like a Greek God. Pumped chest and a thorough ripped abs.

"Enjoying the view?" Dean asked as he took off the towel around him and flunked it into the laundry basket. "Shower and get ready for breakfast." He commanded.

When she made no effort to move, he walked over to the bed and reached down to haul her over his shoulders, when she crouched away from him.

"FINE!" Elena scooted up from the bed, still wrapped in the bed sheets. As she made her way to the bathroom, the sheets followed her like a bridal gown train. The poor door slammed for the second consecutive time today.

In the shower, Elena thought things through. The hot water felt good on her tired body. She felt her mind unwind and she felt better to think about all that had happened recently.

No one was willing to tell her what was going on. Everyone just wanted her to simply do as she was told. Nothing made sense. She didn't understand why killers were coming after her husband-to-be. She didn't understand what her mum was thinking in wanting to get her married to a gun wielding man. She didn't understand why the man she was going to marry, obviously kept a lot of things from her. Well, she had just about enough of being told what to do.

Turning off the shower, she dried herself. With a towel draped around her body, she peeped into the room. No Dean! She exited out of the bathroom, hair wet and feeling after the hot shower.

To her surprise, she found her clothes laid out on the bed – a black laced bra and its matching underwear. Feeling eyes on her, she looked up to find Dean seated behind a wide black table.

"You went through my clothes?"

"Isn't it obvious?"

She bit down on her lip, reeling in her temper.

"Get dressed, Elena."

"Will you stop with your Elena this and Elena that?" Firmer now, she continued. "Other women might have thrown themselves at you, Dean. But not me. For a guy like you to understand, I have my own feeling and thoughts. Go play with your blonde dollies. Leave me alone."

He stood up.

"I'm not your slave."

"You are not my slave."

"Then good. Can you please leave the room so I can get dressed?"