Chapter 9

Dean clutched the wheel, glancing at his bride-to-be, who was staring at the view on her side of the road. Neither of them had spoken for the past thirty minutes.

"It's at the beach," he said with eyes on the road. They had to start speaking to each other soon.

No response

"Our wedding"

"Yeah, so I heard," replied her bored voice

"Are you hungry? We can stop for lunch..." Dean said as the car passed by several restaurants.

"Nope!"

Dean slowed down at the traffic lights and waited for the lights to switch. He looked at her. She wore a grey t-bone tee tucked into a mini denim skirt. Her stiletto black heels elongated her curvy legs. Her hair was pulled back into a ponytail. Big silver hoops dangled from her ears.

The lights switched and he drove on. He reached out and brushed his fingers over her arm. She smacked his hand.

"Feisty." He chuckled

"I will pay you back. Every single cent."

Dean raised an eyebrow. "2.7 million?"

She swallowed hard. There was silence then she nodded. "I would need some time but I'll pay you back." Her mind began to race. How the hell was she going to pay that kind of money to a man like, Dean? He had millions to his name and more coming in through the Family's business.

"How?'

"Dean, look. I will not marry you. I will pay you back every cent. You just need to give me time. We still have the house back in Florida. That should fetch at least a couple of millions. Mum might freak out but I can convince her."

"Bullshit!" Impatience had him dragging a hand through his hair. "The Deed is done. If you don't marry me, I will and I promise you I will tear down The Peridot. Every single brick it has."

She tilted her head, holding on to both her nerves and temper. "Dad loved you like his son. And now, you want to destroy what he had built. The Peridot was his life. His blood and sweat."

"There is no turning back now Elena."

She looked away. Dean wasn't happy with what she had told him. A muscle tensed in his jaw as he forced his eyes on the road.

"How many women have you slept with?" she asked

Silence.

"Answer the question!"

"I have my needs kitty."

"And who is that blondie who was smooching you at the Chez Sara?"

"Leila and I go way back..." his voice trailed.

"And you kissed her right in front of me! And then you come to my house talking about our wedding?! And worse, you threaten me. You are an asshole Dean!" She hollered.

"Shut up Elena!"

The car came to a stop.

He reached out to touch her fingers. She withdrew her hand but caught it. Bringing her fingers to his lips, Dean planted a slow and lustful kiss.

That action sent a wave of heat over Elena. Her arms wanted to wrap themselves around his neck and let her fingers run through his hair hungrily.

Elena shook her head at these thoughts. He is the enemy she reminded herself. Get a grip, Elena! She yanked her hand away from him

His patience broke. Leaning over, he pulled her onto his lap.

"What are you doing?" Her arms banged onto his shoulders and chest.