Pet Adoption

//AN// Hello everyone! This idea was brought to me by @alyske I hope you enjoy and don't forget to read my new Fillie story bc it's starting to heat up!

This story takes place when the party is older like out of college. Mike and Eleven are living together ; )

----------

Mikes pov

"Come on El!" I said grabbing the keys to my white Land Rover. El and I had been living together for about 4 months after we both graduated college. We bought a small apartment on the outskirts of Hawkins, we both had well-paying jobs, me in medical sciences, and El is a psychologist. We decided to wait awhile to buy a bigger house for when we decided to start a family, we were only 23, and we thought we had our whole lives still ahead of us to start a family.

"Can you please just tell me where we are going?" she asked as I lead her out to the car and tied a blindfold over her eyes.

"No! It's a surprise!" I said with a scoff. Since we had been living together, I decided to surprise El with something big, something that she could never forget.

I put the key in the ignition and pulled out of the parking space.

I drove down the winding streets of Hawkins until I arrived at the pet store. I climbed out of the car and pulled El out of the other side. I lead her through the double doors and through the shelves until I reached the back of the store where a rescue shelter was holding an adoption.

"Annnnnd take off your blindfold!" I said showing her the dogs that were playing together in the kennels in need of love.

"Oh my gosh Mike! Are we getting a puppy!" she asked excitedly jumping up and down and I nodded yes.

"I thought since we are in a stable place with our jobs, and living together for 4 months, why not!" I said excitedly.

"AWEEE THEY'RE ALL SO CUTE!" El yelled and petted all of the dogs.

"Anyone in particular that catches your eye?" I asked petting a few pups.

"Oh my gosh Mike! SHE IS SO CUTE!" she exclaimed pointing to a small yellow curly haired puppy sitting in one of the kennels.

"Excuse me miss?" I asked one of the workers, "is she still up for adoption?" I said pointing to the puppy El had pointed out.

"Oh, the miniature Golden Doodle? She sure is!" she pointed out unlocking the kennel and placing her into Els' arms.

"Well, what do you think Mike?" she asked handing me the small puppy.

"I love her," I said nodding.

-----------

I had filled out all the adoption papers, paid the fees, and bought LOTS of supplies. (Including 3 dog toy waffles that eleven insisted she needed)

I drove home, and El sat in the back seat playing with our new puppy.

"What do you want to name her?" I asked El.

"How about... Sadie?" she offered.

"Wow, thats actually a really good name!" I said, reaching into the back to pet her head.

"Are you ready to see your new home, Sadie?" I asked her as she wagged her tail when I opened up the car door.

"Thank you, Mike, this was the best present ever," EL said giving a quick peck on the lips.

"Anything for you Princess," I said, and I meant it.

-----------

//AN// Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Comment new ideas or message me!

Stay Strange xoxo J