Under the Maple Tree

//AN// Hey guys! This chapter is heavily influenced by something that happened to me! If anyone would want a written story on that I would be happy to do that just for some fun!//

Mike

I grabbed El's book bag and slung it over my shoulder. She leaned over and kissed me on the cheek.

"Thanks Mike," she said and grabbed my hand. I looked at her curly brown hair and thought holy shit shes pretty, how did I ever find anyone so perfect.

I led her outside in front of the school where they had a line a small maple trees.  I wanted El to be able to see the beautiful seasons, and how pretty outside was in early October. The leaves on the trees turned an array of colors reds, yellows, orange, and brown. The beautiful leaves fell like multi colored tears and rested on the ground, but she was still the most gorgeous thing for miles.

I dropped our bags as we approached the second tree. I grabbed her hand and I laid down under the maple, just so we could still see the blue sky peering through the leaves. She put her head on my chest and reached up her hand to run it through my messy hair. God, shes so cute

Eleven

I never knew so many things could be so pretty. I turned my head to look up at Mike as I ruffled his fluffy hair.

"I love leaves, Mike" I giggled as I sat up and grabbed a leaf that was falling to the soft rubbery grass.

Mike

"I love leaves, Mike" El said and let out the most adorable laugh as she plucked a leaf from the air and inspected she bleeding colors spreading through the veins.

"Well, I love you," I whispered under my breath, then it hit me what I had said.

"Did you say something Mike?" El set down the leaf and looked into my eyes.

"Oh uh nothing," I said and breathed out a relieving sigh. I can't over whelm her like that, damn it Mike. She probably doesn't even know what love means, or even is, not yet at least.

"Hey, El?" I said, with a smile spreading across my face.

"Yeah Mi-" she was saying before I cut her off by (playfully) tackling her into the soft grass scattered with leaves, until we rolled down the hill. Even screaming, laughing, and leaves stuck in her hair, she still looked adorable. I looked down as I had my legs straddled over her stomach and smiled. I leaned down and kissed her, swinging my leg back over her to lay down next to her and separated our lips.

Eleven

"Mike?" I asked.

"Yes gorgeous?" I turned on my side to look at her peering up at the clouds.

"Mike, what is love?" I asked him. I heard him say it a couple times under his breath, or when he fell asleep in the fort next to me.

Mikes face turned a little red in the cheeks.

"Well, love is when you, well scientifically an emotion caused my hormones and chemi-" I cut him off.

"Mike," I poked his forehead, "not in there," and slid my hand down his chest and down his arm and grabbed his hand. "In here." I said and placed his warm hands on my chest right on my heart.

"Love, is something you feel, really strongly for other people, and you would do anything else for them, and you care about them more than anything in the entire world." He explained.

" So, like a like?" I asked him.

"No, its bigger than like, its well, special and you don't feel it for everyone. You get a feeling, a good feeling when you're with someone you love." He said squeezing my hand three times.

"A feeling like fluttering leaves?" I asked and grabbed a blood red leaf and tickled his nose and squeezed his hand back three times.

"Yeah, like fluttering leaves, or like butterflies," he said as I rested my head on his shoulder.

"Mike." I said

"Yeah El?" he said closing his eyes as a breeze blew through, blowing the clouds and leaves across the baby blue sky.

"Mike, I think I love you." I said, then closing my eyes and felt a warm ray of sunshine smile upon my face when the clouds parted to reveal the slowly sinking sun.

Mike

My eyes shot open when she said those three words. I stood up and picked her up and she wrapped her legs around my waist.

"El," I whispered, leaning in to press my forehead against hers, " El, I love you too." I kissed her small lips and pulled her chest closer to mine knowing that I would never let her go.

//AN// Thank you so much for reading and I hope you enjoy! Honestly I was shocked when I opened my computer and saw that I got like 25 reads! I seriously was not expecting to get a single one! Thank you so much! Edit: Tysm for 100 reads on the story over all guys I was legit shook!//