Announcement Part 4

//AN// Hey everyone! This is probably gonna be short... I know... I'm sorry I hate short one-shots too but I don't want to drag it out too long

I also finished The Fool by @morebottlecapss and I legit cried I didn't want it to end.

-----------

Mikes pov

"So, Princess, how are we going to tell your parents about baby Wheeler?" I asked El as I pulled the covers over us. I was happy that the rest of the party was excited for us.

"Oof, I have no idea," she said and took my hand and placed it on her stomach, "just think Mike, in 8 months we will have a little baby Wheeler," she said and smiled.

"I think that the rest of the party is more excited than we are!" I said, "I think the guys will make great uncles," I said with a laugh and ran my fingers over her still tiny stomach.

"Do you think we're ready to be parents? I mean I want to be a mom, but are we going to be ready? I mean think, we were stressed out enough when we adopted Sadie and shes just a dog, let alone a human baby and wha-" El said and patted the golden doodle on the head.

"El, Eleven! Its gonna be ok!" I grabbed her arms and pulled her closer to me.

"Mike, but what if the baby, what if... what if it has powers," she whispered the last part, and I felt my heart sink. Her powers are what makes her unique, and strong, and... my El. She should be proud of them, even though she may have had to use them for bad in the past, she has a beautiful and kind heart.

"Princess, powers or no powers, we will love him or her either way," I said wrapping her in my arms and pulling her into my chest.

"Mike, I don't want," she sniffed and tears welled up in our eyes, "I don't want our baby to be taken away, or," she said tears slowly falling down her cheeks, "or... have to face what happened to me..." she said, I felt everything inside of my shatter. I don't want her to be afraid of anything happening to our child, I promised that I would do anything to protect her, and I truly mean anything.

"El, I promise, I will never let anything happen to our child, I made a promise to protect you too and I always will, until the day I die," I said and rubbed her back.

"I love you Mike,"

"I love you to Eleven, and I love you too baby Wheeler," I said placing my hand on her stomach and wiping a single tear off of her perfect cheeks.

-----------

"Are you ready to go?" I asked El, we were planning on announcing the pregnancy to Hopper Joyce and Jonathan, Hopper and Joyce had gotten married about 5 years ago, and Joyce had always wanted to become a grandma, but Jonathan has not popped the question to Nancy yet, so even before we were married she was constantly pestered us about wanting lots of grandchildren.

"Yeah, lets grab the rest of the stuff and we can go!" she said grabbing the four cardboard boxes wrapped with white ribbons and went to the car.

We drove to Joyce and Hoppers new house, and greeted everyone inside.

"Ok guys! Mike and I have um, a present from our honeymoon for you guys!" El announced as everyone sat on the couch.

"Um, actually from before our honeymoon..." I corrected her and smirked.

"Shut up Wheeler," she said laughing and smacked me in the stomach.

"Ok here we go!" Eleven said handing out each of the box to the right owner.

"Open in three! Two! One!" we said in unison.

"OH MY GOD!" Joyce said and read her mug that read "Only the best mom's get promoted to Grandma,"

"ELEVEN!" Nancy screamed and tackled her into a hug.

"How far along are you!" Joyce asked and lifted up her shirt and placed a hand on her stomach.

"One month..." she said quietly and all of our eyes moved to Hopper who still had a giant smile plastered across his face.

"Oh, who cares... I knew you've been doin it since high school... I'm gonna be a grandpa!" he yelled and pulled El and I into a giant hug.

"Dad!" my wife exclaimed and pulled out of the hug.

"I'm so happy for you guys!" Jonathan said as he pulled out his camera and took pictures of everyone's reactions.

"Thanks bro," El said and pulled him into a hug, "now all we need is a little cousin..." she said and smiled at him and Nancy.

"Oh just you wait... a little longer," he smiled and pulled us into another hug.

-----------

//AN// Hey guys I hope you enjoyed the announcements! I'm probably going to do the a gender reveal, then flashbacks of the proposal, wedding, then when El has her baby!