Chapter 5: Sleeping

Beginne am Anfang

"I guess he's staying over," I said, an involuntary smile making its way onto my face. 

"Maybe w-we should just go," Evan said, sticking his hands into the pockets of his jeans. Jared nodded in agreement.

"But we didn't even do any--"

"That's okay," Connor interrupted. "It's getting late anyway."

"Since when do you care?" asked Jared, smirking.

"It doesn't matter," Evan said. "Let's just go. See you, Jer," he said to me.

"Oh, Evan... I knew it! You just want to get lai--"

"Bye," I said, embarrassed. They left the house.

I watched Michael sleep, and a sense of peace settled over me. He looked so peaceful and content when his eyes were closed.

I gently picked him up bridal style and carried him over to my bed, setting him down gently onto it and sitting next to him. I got up to leave, but then he whispered, "Stay."

So I lay down next to him and watched his chest rise and fall. He seemed to feel my presence and wrapped his arms around me, burying his face in my shirt.

Well, this is awkward.

But after a few moments, the uncomfortable, awkward feeling dissolved into a warm, happy one. I returned the gesture, wrapping my arms around him.

Is this what cuddling feels like?

In that case, it's not half bad. Even with a guy.

I closed my eyes and quickly fell asleep next to my new friend.

(Michael's PoV)

I opened my eyes to see the blurry colors of my only friend's shirt in my face and the feeling of warm arms wrapped around my torso. 

Oh, shit.

I felt my face heat up and I pulled away from him. 

Is that really what happened last night?

I sat up and patted around the bed for my glasses, waking up the blob next to me in the process.

"What time is it?" the blob mumbled sleepily, rolling over.

"God, Jeremy, I don't know. I need my glasses to see the time," I responded, stumbling out of bed.

"Oh," the blob said. "They're on the nightstand."

I reached out to the bigger, squarish maroon blob next to the bed and felt the lenses of my glasses. Relieved, I put them on and watched the blobs come into shape around me.

Jeremy was sitting up, rubbing his eyes. "Why did you wake me up so early?" he complained. "School isn't until--"

"This is when I usually wake up," I explained. "My dad—"

Jeremy lay back down and closed his eyes again.

I need to wake him up somehow.

"Hey, Jer," I said casually, only slightly curious in truth, "what happened after I fell asleep last night?"

He stared at me, his face slowly growing red. "Um," he said, clearly flustered, "n-nothing."

Damn it. Now I actually want to know.

"Liar." I made sure to make it sound as accusing as possible.

"I-um, put you in bed and left." He was getting more stressed out by the moment.

"I don't believe you," I said smirking and crossing my arms.

"IputyouinbedandthenyoutoldmetostaysoIdid," he mumbled.

"What?" I said.

"You fell asleep on the floor so I put you in bed." I believed that.

"And?" I prompted.

He blushed again. "I-I was going to go sleep on the couch, but... uh, you asked me to, um, stay, so I did."

I didn't think he would actually tell me. 

I felt my face warm up as well. Unfortunately for me, the big discolored blotched on my face make it virtually impossible to hide a blush.

"And then what happened?" I asked, curious but also cautious.

"Well..."

170 reads? Already? You guys are amazing! I love you all so much.

I forced my friend (Evan XD) to listen to songs from DEH and BMC and she was surprised when they weren't awful (hello musicals are the best). I hope she liked the Squip song.

It's from Japan...

Sincerely, your best and most dearest friend,

Hacker

Word count: 1179