chapter forty nine

I wiped a tear away.

''Katy, open the door, NOW!''

I heard the panic in my sister's voice.

''You really think I'm about to kill myself again, aren't you?''

''Katy, just open the door, or do you want us to break in?''

''Just like in 2012. I'm not going to kill myself when you are all knocking on the door, can't say that's really dying in peace.''

A loud knock on the door.

''You're so not funny!''

A headache started.

''KATHERYN ELIZABETH HUDSON NOW!''

It was my father.

''I'm not some child you're watching. I'm 34 years old. You can leave me alone.''

''DON'T ACT LIKE A CHILD THEN!'' my mother yelled.

So, I opened the door and I faced them.

''Nothing happened between me and Orlando. It was actually the second time we met up and yes we fell asleep on the sofa together, but...''

''Did you had sex?'' Angela interrupted me.

I looked surprised and with an eye roll I told her: ''no.''

My dad and sister looked at mom.

''No they didn't.''

''Can you smell that too?'' I asked.

''Yes, honey, I can.''

I thought of all the times I had sex as a teenager, sometimes even in my parents' bed.

''Anyway, he makes me happy. Yes, he broke my heart in 2017, but that was partly my own fault and all the pain I was in in 2018 wasn't his fault, that was mine because I had everything planned out getting married and stuff and that wasn't going to happen and yes that hurt.''

I was extremely sobbing now.

I had never said that out loud.

My mother walked over to me.

''But why are you giving him another shot?''

''Because God keeps bringing us together, don't you see it?''

Mom wiped the tears from my cheeks.

''We like Orlando, we can laugh with him and he seems to make you happy. But we haven't seen the fights you had with him back at the end of 2016 and we also don't see all the love he gives you at home, but what we see, is that you give him everything of you and that he apparently doesn't do the same. He broke up with you twice, find someone who will never let you go and stay by your side for the rest of your life.''

''I already found that person.''

And I left my own house.

...........................

A/N: another chapter because Alice deserves it x Lotte