resurfaced memories (#7)

Will tried to rush to the girl laying on the ground in front of the wall with the message on it. Nico moved to grip Will's shoulder.
"She's dead, will."
"H-how could we let this happen?" Will said shakily, turning his head to Nico. "Just...just get Albus." Will nodded and ran out of the hall. Dispite Nico telling the students to stay in the classroom, one by one they pooled out. One of the girls screamed as the others gasped. "Get back!" Nico hissed, motioning for the students to step back from the body. Fortunately, Dumbledores study was close by. Will came jogging with Dumbledore, McGonagall, and Snape. Dumbledore looked at the class before yelling, "class dismissed! Go back to your dormitorys. Ron, Hermione, and Seamus tell the rest of the professors that all classes are cancelled." The group nodded and ran off. Slowly, the students walked away. Harry lingered for a second before walking away also.
"What happened?" Dumbledore asked. He bented down and took the girls hand into his. "We don't know we were just teaching and we heard a crash so we came out and saw this." Will said. McGonagall motioned to the message. "Any ideas." Nico ran through his mental list of gods.
"Could be Harpocrates?" Nico guessed. Will shook his head. "Why would it be him? Wasnt he a embodiment of hope? Unless.."
"Good gods go bad will. We've seen it before." Will sighed and ran his hands down his face in fustration. "I don't think so. Even if he did. He wouldn't have displayed this so publicly. He's the god of secrets after all. " Will and Nico had forgotten that the professors were with them until Snape sneered. "So your saying that you have no idea what did this?" Nico glared at him. "There are hundreds of gods and thousands of monsters. It could've even been a smart harpy for all we know." Nico said in their defense while Will shook his head. "It wants to be found. It's smart. It knows what it's doing." Nico croutched next to the body and pointed to the gapping hole where her heart was supposed to be. "Look Will." He grabbed her lifeless hand and gripped it tight. "Maybe..maybe I can try to see her last moments.."
There was a flash of darkness that covered his eyes. He was seeing through the girls eyes before her death.
A dark figure loomed over her, grinning sadistically. Nico couldn't make out much. Only that it was a women and she had hair like night. The figure raised her hand, her nails like claws, and before she plunged her hand through the girls chest, his vision faded into the scenery of Tartarus.

Nico tried to yank his hand away from the girls cold one, but he couldn't move. He tried to tug himself away from the memory, but it pulled and forced it's way into his line of sight. All he could do was watch as everything melted into the memory of Tartarus. Nico cried, he wanted to yell Wills name. But when his jaw unhinged no sound came out. The fleshy ground shook beneath his shoes. And when Nico looked up, two Giants stood over him. They started to chase him. And the only thing Nico could do was run. One of the Giants reached for him with his blistered covered hand and successfully grabbed Nico. Only when it seemed like the giant was going to crush Nico's bones did his vision forcefully fade away.

"Nico!" Nico opened his eyes and let out a scream. He tried to control his breathing but to no avail. he was hyperventilating. He looked down at his hands and he was shaking. "Nico, breath!" Nico looked up to see that Will was crouching beside him and gripping on to his shoulders. "Come on neeks, breath. Your fine. Nico, im here." The sound of Will's voice calmed Nico down immensely. Soon enough Nico was taking long and steady breaths. "what did you see?" Will asked calmly while stroking his thumb over Nico's cheek. "The murder.. its a goddess. A evil one. I saw her." Will nodded. McGonagall looked at Nico in concern. "That's not what triggered that panic attack." She guessed. Nico nodded and looked at his hands. "The presence was so dark. Somehow the memories of Tartarus came back. I've gotten better at ignoring them over the years. But that was the first time in a long time that I've seen it so clearly. It's like it dug into my head to get my darkest memories to resurface." Dumbledore stood beside Snape. He looked to be in deep thought. "well, Nico. You've done enough. You both are dismissed from teaching today." Will nodded and helped Nico up. Nico leaned on will for support.
"Come on neeks. You need some rest."
"I'm not sleeping without you. Not after what I saw." Nico said quietly, But loud enough for him to hear.
"Okay, death boy. I'll take care of you."
But before will opened the door to their classroom, Nico had to know.
"Dumbledore. Who was she?" He looked up grimly.
"Rosslyn Jacobs. Age, 14. She was a orphan."
Nico swallowed thickly before letting will guide him to the bedroom.