18. 'Trapped'

A few days later Jay, Alexis, Kate, Jordyn and Carter returned back home, Jay went back to his house with Carter. Kate and Alexis went to there shared apartment, and Jordyn stopped off at a café.

''Can I put on the tv?'' Carter asked sitting on the couch.

''Go for it buddy, Ill go get you a drink, is fruit punch okay?''

''It's great. Thanks'' Carter said turning on the tv. The channel was set to history, ''What's the kid channel?'' Carter asked, but decided to stay on the history channel.

''In 1927 the first breakthrough of this cause happened, sending million's into a worry'' The man on the television said ''We call this the Black Spring, also known as 'The mist. Or the Abyss. It thrives on evil behaviour, and will kill anyone with guilt, or a bad soul. You may stay inside all you want, the abyss will not leave until the evil is gone. Food will run out sooner or later, you'll either die from the abyss, starvation, or you'll go completely insane..'' He said, ''Present day 20-''

The tv flashed bright red. ''AMBER ALERT!''

''Jay, come here!'' Carter yelled, ''THERE'S AN AMBER ALERT!''

Jay ran into the front room where Carter stood. ''We need you to pay attention to the following announcements.  We advice you to listen, and if not you'll probably die sooner than later. The town is being closed off, no way in. Or out as on now. Our town is going into something serious, called 'Black Spring'. It happened may long years ago before us people were here. And is now happening again. We don't know why it is happening, or what brings it here. Lock your doors, get to safety. Get anywhere, do not go into this abyss, as it causes to hallucinations. It has already hit the city. Take serious cover and be aware of who to trust. Be safe everyone. This is not a drill...''

The amber alert ended.

''Jay, I just... I just watched the exact thing on the history channel.. What do we do?''

''We get everyone we know, and find cover. We can't leave them to die''

''Where would everyone be?'' Carter asked

''Ill call them, I need you to go into my bedroom, and get a bag, and my keys. Hurry''

Jay opened his phone, and texted a group, with Lexi, Kate, Jordyn, and Liv. ''Did you guys get the amber alert? Meet in town square. ASAP!''

Carter came out carrying Jay's car keys and a huge bag. ''Throw any food, drinks anything we could need into this, pillows, blankets. We need to prepare for this'' Jay said, Helping carter find stuff. They ran out of the house, and got into Jay's car. They drove to town square. Everyone but Kate arrived.

''Where is Kate?'' Jay asked

 ''I have no clue, she wasn't answering my texts'' Jordyn said

''After we went in, Kate said she was going out for a walk with Kay, Her dog and she didn't return. What if she got stuck in the Abyss'' Lexi asked

''We need to find her before it hits us'' Jay said, ''Call her. Meet back here in 10, be safe. Carter come with me'' Jay said, getting back into the car. He drove down the street, and turned a corner.

''Jay... Look'' Carter said pointing farther down the street. It was a huge cloud of fog. ''It's coming..''

''Carter, open my phone, Call the group chat. They need to get back to the square.''

Jay drove back, Alexis, Liv and Jordyn got into the car and shut the door. ''Were safer in here..'' Jay said

''Where the hell could she be!'' Olivia said

''Maybe she got out.. She could have gotten out of the city before the amber alert.'' Lexi said

''I'm gonna drive by the house again, maybe she went back.'' Jay said.

''Jay no, we need to get to cover'' Carter said ''I don't want to go into that abyss, its too dark''

''Carter, we cant leave Kate'' Jay said

'Well you also promised not to let me die, Kate will be okay. Please, we need to find somewhere to go.''

''How's the mall sound? Or the police station. Church, anywhere big, with more people'' Jordyn said.

''The mall would probably  be the best place'' Jay said

Jordyn's phone rang, It was an unknown number. ''Hello?'' Jordyn said answering it.

''JORDYN! HELP ME!'' Kate screamed. ''ITS COMING!''

''Kate? Where are you!'' Jordyn said

''Near city hall!'' Kate screamed. But than her phone line disconnected,

''Where is she?'' Lexi asked

''She should be right here'' Jordyn said, as the abyss surrounded the car, making it dark, ''She is at cit-''

Something came flying through the windshield, Everyone screamed, It was Kate. The abyss started to fill the car. Jay hit the gas, driving into the street, the car stopped close to the mall. ''EVERYONE RUN FOR THE MALL! NOW!''

Jay took Carter's hand, and ran out of the car, ''DO NOT LET GO OF MY HAND''

''I wont'' Carter cried, he was shaking.

They looked all around, but all they could see was black and grey. ''Everyone stay close'' Jordyn said ''The mall isn't to much further''

''I can see the doors'' Olivia said ''This way''

Carter, Lexi, Liv and Jay made it inside the mall. ''Where did Jordyn go?''

''She must be out there still'' Lexi said

''Stay here, with Carter, Ill go get her'' Jay said, running back out.

''JORDYN! WHERE ARE YOU?'' Jay yelled

''It's ok..'' Jordyn said to someone standing in front of her, Jay saw her, and a shadow. Jay pulled her, ''Who are you talking to?''

Carter, Lexi and Olivia watched out the window, but didn't see a sign of Jay or Jordyn anywhere. ''We have to go get them'' Carter said

''We cant.'' Olivia said

''... She's alive'' Jordyn said, looking at Jay. ''She's here.''

Jay and Jordyn stood in the abyss, ''No one is here'' Jay said

''Yes she is'' Jordyn smiled, as someone walked forward. Her face emerged from the Abyss. It was Justine. She was Alive.