4. 'The Reception'

Sunday morning soon approached, it was raining outside, such a down day. It didn't help that, today was in fact, the funeral, of Justine Grey.

16 year old, Jordyn sat on her porch bench, reading an article about her friend Justine, and how her funeral would be held at 12-3 on Sunday march 4th 2018. Today. Jordyn wasn't the closest to Justine, but they were still great best friends.

''Jordyn dear, come inside and get your dress on'' Cheryl, Jordyn's mother said

''Yes Cheryl, ill be right in'' Jordyn said, Jordyn's parents liked to be called by the first names, Jordyn knew it was different, but she went with it.

''David, come on we don't want to be late'' Cheryl said

''Is George joining us?'' Jordyn asked, talking about her father.

''George wont be home in time, so it's your twin brother and I'' Cheryl said

'Uh,' Jordyn sighed walking up the stairs, and into her master bedroom. She walked over to her closet, and opened the door to pull out her black Kate spade funeral dress, with matching black lipstick. Her parents were rich, and lawyers so she got the top line clothing and accessories.

'Jordyn, could you help me with my tie?' David asked

'Just a sec' Jordyn said pulling her hair into a ponytail. She knew pony's weren't normally worn at a funeral, but today wasn't the day to tell her how to dress, and how to wear her hair, She walked into her brother's room.

'You okay?' David asked, examining Jordyn's facial expression. They were twins, obviously he would know when she's upset.

'I will be' Jordyn said 'Just keep it together, and get through today'

'It's okay to cry, sis.' David said, 'I have'

'You didn't even know Justine?' Jordyn said

'Oh, yes I did. I was her grade 7 boyfriend' David said

'You're Gooney boy?' Jordyn laughed, causing David to smile.

'If that's what she referred me as, than yes' David laughed, and the two walked down to the den.

'Cheryl, would you like me to start the car?' David asked

'You just turned 16 not even 4 weeks ago, I think you can take your G1 class before you even set foot in a driver's seat' Cheryl said, throwing the keys to Jordyn. 'Be more like her, and maybe you'll start the car next time'

'Cheryl you're so unfair' David said following Jordyn out.

''Mother knows best son, Mother knows best''

''More like Mother's a pest'' David murmured.

Jordyn pulled into a parking space around 11:50 at the funeral reception place,

''You excited to see Kate, Alexis and Olivia today?'' Cheryl asked

'I haven't talked to them since... You know' Jordyn said

'Well today, you will' Cheryl said walking into the grand doors, her two children coming in moments later.

'I'm gonna go talk to chad' David said 'Good luck with the others'

Jordyn walked towards Mr. and Mrs. Grey, when the hairs on the back of her neck stood up.

'Hey Jordyn' A small, faint familiar voice called, Jordyn knew exactly who it was, she turned. Kate Cavanagh stood before her.

'Hello Kate, How are you?' Jordyn said

'Holding up, and you?' Kate said walking closer.

'Honestly, terrible' Jordyn admitted 'I could use a hug... If you're giving any'

'Of course' Kate smiled, going in and hugging Jordyn tight. 'I missed you'

'I missed you too, Just. We're gonna drift, I know it' Jordyn sighed 'And you and the others are sisters to me'

'Your a sister to me too' Alexis said, walking over and giving Jordyn a hug. Jay walked over with her.

Jordyn turned, 'Hey Lex' Jordyn sighed, getting teary eyed. 'Ugh I promised myself I wouldn't cry'

'It's ok to cry, Jord' Jay said, Giving her a smile, and held her hand briefly. 'Well make it through today'

'Jay and I were going to get some punch, Jordyn, Kate. Would you like some?' Alexis asked

'Sure, thank you' The two said

'I've got one, but thanks for asking' Olivia smiled walking over.

'Hey Olivia' Alexis said 'Ill be right back'

Olivia, Jordyn an Kate walked over to a table, and each took a seat, putting their purses down, and pulling out their phones, everyone except for Olivia.

'Why do we have to be on our phones? Today's the day of our friends funeral, you think you'd be off them until at least after she's buried into the ground' Olivia said

'Whoa, what's wrong with you' Kate asked

'Nothing, I'm peachy' Olivia said getting up, and walking away.

'Did I say something?' Kate asked

'No, she's just moody' Jordyn said 'Considering the scenery.'

Alexis and Jay returned with four cups, Jay handed Kate and Jordyn one each, than the two took a seat. 'Where did Liv go?'

'She's in a pissy' Jordyn said 'So she walked away'

'I was hoping to catch up with her' Lexi said 'I have news to share with Y'all'

'Ill text her' Kate said

'No, put the phones away. Jordyn, go find her please' Alexis said

'Sure' Jordyn smiled.

'Hey Mr. Grey' Olivia smiled 'I'm so sorry... about,'

'I'm sorry too' Mr. Grey said pulling Olivia into a hug, 'You were her best friend, best friend ever, Liv. And I cant thank you enough for making my little girl so happy!'

'She was mine too, Mr. Grey' Olivia said

'You can call me Christian' He smiled 'And Mrs. Grey, call her Ana'

'Alright, Christian' Olivia smiled 'I jus-'

'Liv, we need you' Jordyn said interrupting.

'Can it wait?' Olivia asked

'No, its okay. Go' Christian said 'Ill see ya later'

'Ok,' Liv said following Jordyn.

Everyone gathered around the table. 'Ok we're all here' Alexis smiled 'So, this is my final year, right.'

'Yea, so?' Kate asked

'Jay and I, are moving to California, this summer. After 12th ends' Alexis smiled, 'I got a scholar ship to Brown's university'

'Oh my god, that's great!' Olivia smiled 'I'm so happy for you'

'Yea, that's really fun! You deserve it' Jordyn smiled

'Meh, not that big' Kate slumped

'Ok, what the hell is your deal?' Jordyn said 'Why are you so, slumped'

'Look where we are, I wasn't expecting to be at a friends funeral for a long time' Kate said 'Sorry if I'm not so happy as you four'

'Don't say that' Liv said 'It isn't true'

'We should go walk by and see her... one last time' Jordyn said, getting up and walking over to the casket with everyone else. Justine's eyes were closed, she had makeup on, a dark blue dress on, with a flower on her wrist, and her blonde hair at her sides. Her lips painted bright pink. Her eyeliner done.

''Well they really dressed her up'' Jay said

''Look at the gouge in her head... someone smashed her with something'' Kate whispered.

''There is something stuck on her neck'' Alexis whispered, reaching down and pulling it away, It was a little needle.

'Ahem! Everyone gather, we're going to start the funeral soon' Mrs. Grey cried into the microphone. Scaring Jay, Alexis, Jordyn, Kate and Olivia.