Target 29 - Three's a Crowd

Start from the beginning

Reborn couldn't help but smile when he felt the tug, the same tug which reminded him that Tsuna is his Masuta, the same tug that reminded him that he loved that boy, and the same tug that reminded him that he truly belonged.

"I have a feeling that this is what Tsuna is really like... and that he's just started to come out of his shell," the raven informed them, turning to look at them with a quirk of his lips.

The two did not respond, but visibly beamed, looking at the brunette's posture at the current moments. All of his weight was put onto his right leg, which was straight as a pin, while his left leg was bent in such a way that it gave the boy a more hourglass look.

He held his phone, scrolling through an app while his other arm lay limply at his side, fingers thrumming a sequence of... something on the side of his thigh.

"So, when will this stupid thing actually start?" Skull asked, clearly bored as he scratched his cheek. They were now beside, yet slightly behind, Tsuna, awaiting his response.

"In a couple of minutes, I suppose. From what I read about the ceremony in one of the old history books in the library, the previous boss has to prepare a speech for the event and then recite it to everyone present."

"After that, he just has to publicly give his blessing to the new boss. The most important figures in the famiglia will be at the ceremony to confirm for all of the other members of the famiglia that, indeed, the new boss is now the successor."

"He or she will be the only one that both the company and the famiglia will take orders from. Well, that's the basics at least," Tsuna finished, scanning the room to look at the groups of relatives and mafioso dotted around the large hall.

The fox nodded in understanding, and cocked his head to the side to stare at the brunette in a mildly interested way. The boy was truly an enigma- Reborn said that he was coming out of his shell, and if he still hasn't fully emerged from it, then will he act even more like a boss than he does now?

He couldn't lie about it; Fon was ecstatic to find this out. Their group of misfits has needed someone to balance them all out, so why not someone who resembles a mafia boss?

He would certainly be able to keep them all in check, that was for sure, not to mention that the over-protectiveness he would have over them would be even more intense than any of them would be willing to admit. He'd be able to give orders, come up with plans on the spot, and if he was being perfectly honest, it would help them shape up.

Ever since... she... abandoned them, they've been drifting further apart as a group, and they were all stubborn and head-strong when they wanted to be.

No matter how much the others may want to deny it, they need a Sky to balance them all out, to calm them down, to 'tame' them, so to speak. It was a simple fact which they needed to accept sooner or later.

I wonder how keen Tsunayoshi would be to create a contract with me? Fon questioned, thinking about the inquiry for a little while.

Well, before that, they would have to find ways to bond with Tsuna, all of them. Perhaps even individually, as Lal was still reluctant on trusting the sweet boy, while Verde and Mammon seemed indifferent to it all.

The kitsune knew for a fact that Reborn had not told the brunette that they were, in fact, the famed Arcobaleno of the Tartarus plane, which had to be done and out of the way first and foremost.

It was much better if Tsunayoshi knew sooner rather than later, as their bonds could be severely damaged by the display of mistrust, even if it was indirect. After that, they should probably tell the boy about his melbourn.