Chapter eight *

[#]

Tom PoV

Everything that Amy said kept repeating in my head and I knew I was going to drive myself crazy but it made so much sense. I knew Amy wasn't lying which meant that I possible made the biggest mistake of my life. I hurt my sister, my only sibling because I was convinced that she was the bad person in this story. The only thing my sister done wrong was be selfless. I treated her like hell but she still care about my feeling. She didn't tell me because she knew it would hurt my feeling. She turned out to be everything my father wished her to be whilst I turned out to be everything my father didn't want me to be.

For the first time in my life, I was glad he wasn't around to see the type of person I have become because he would have been very disappointed.

My sister was gone because of me. I don't know where she was, I didn't know what to do or where I should go to look for her. Just like my father, I couldn't smell here in the pack territory nor could I feel her. She hasn't even shifted yet, she hasn't even meet her wolf. How was she going to survive? Was she even alive? There is no way she could be alive if the rogue got to her. This is all my fault. I have been looking for here all day yesterday but no one knew where she was. She seemed to have disappeared.

-now you care?-

I am not in the mood to talk wolf.

-No fuck you Tom. I just lost the chance with my mate. I have let you control me for the past five years. Allowed you to tell me to shut up and boss me around but no anymore. I have told you thousands of times not to treat sister like that. Did you ever realise it was her 18th birthday two days ago-

Like cold water thrown at me. I straightened my back. How did I not notice my baby sister turned 18? How can I forget her birthday? What if she found her mate and they ran away together.

I got up from the couch and ran to my phone which was across the room and I quickly called my best friend and now Alpha of my pack. He picked up on the third three.

"What do you want Tom?"he answered the phone.

"Calvin, did any leave the pack today?Any males?"

"No. Why do you want to know?"

"Calvin. I fucked up"my voice broke at the end.

Calvin didn't reply for few seconds, possible confused and shock at my voice. I sound like I was about to cry- which to be honest, I was trying very hard not to but the lump in my throat was hard to control.

"I am on my way"is all he said before hanging up.

I just sat on the floor, staring at the wall.

I really fucked up.

Few minutes later, I heard the door bell ring. I knew who it was so I stood up from where I was sitting and made my way to the front door.

"Don't you ever wear a shirt?"Calvin teasily asked me walking past me as soon as I opened the door.

I didn't reply. I knew he was just trying to lighten the mood but I was even in the right state to crack a smile. I shut the door and threw myself on the couch next to him after grabbing myself a beer from the fridge. We didn't say another to which other for couple of minutes. Both just stared at the TV. I didn't even know what we were watching but I don't think any of us really cared. It seems like we both had a lot in our mind.

I could feel the side glance he was giving me. His hair was messier the usual. Calvin normally has a straight face on but today he has an ugly frown which is making me more depressed.