Family Affair

Lily's POV

It's been a couple of days since we got back from Hawaii and Carlos' sister, brother, cousin and mother are coming to stay with us soon. Jacob has used this as an excuse to get out the house more often as he feels like he needs to hang out with Chres and Ray to prepare himself for the invasion of Carlos' relatives.

I on the other hand have spent days unpacking and helping my Mom arrange last minute place settings for the wedding.

Mom: Where did Jacob go?

Lily: I don't know, somewhere with Chres.

Mom: He's been doing that a lot lately. Where do they go?

Lily: I don't know, can I dye my hair before the wedding?

Mom: No, that's something you need to ask your dad about. Besides there are a lot of people who would die for a colour like that.

Lily: Pleeease?

Mom: No hon, I-

My phone begins to vibrate.

Mom: Is that Jacob?

Lily: No, it's Javi.

I pick up the phone.

Lily: Hello?

Javi: Hola, you ready to go?

Lily: Go where?

Javi sighs.

Javi: Lily do you remember something I asked you to do when we got back to California?

Lily: No, I remember you asking me to get you an orange juice.

Javi: Lily don't play with me now.

Lily: Javier, I really don't know.

Javi: Lily, I wanted you to come to a family cookout. We're getting ready to go right now.

Lily: I am so sorry, I can literally get ready right now.

Javi: You got ten minutes before we're gone.

Lily: Ok I'm really sorry I-

He hung up on me.

Lily: I have to go, apparently I promised Javi something on the plane back from Hawaii.

Mom: Ok, but I need to finish these tonight.

Lily: Mom, I promised-

Mom: Yeah, go sweetie go and ask Juan if he knows where Jacob is. He didn't come home last night and I'm scared.

Lily: I'll ask him.

I run upstairs and throw a pair of jeans on, I run a brush through my hair a little too violently, put my jacket on and grab my phone.

I run out the door, down the street and ring the bell on Javi's gate. Javi opens the door.

I hold onto his shoulder and try to kiss his cheek, he dodges my cheek.

Lily: Oh my gosh what?

Javi: I'm mad at you.

Lily: Why?

Javi: 'Cause you don't listen.

Lily: Javi...

Javi: Just get in the car,

Javi's Family's Cookout

Javi barely said a word to me the whole car journey, when we got in I was met by a swarm of people who I guess are Javi's cousins.