Back To School

Warning: Do not read this chapter if you are uncomfortable with awesome chapters and complete sassiliciousness (that's a bit of English slang pronunced sass-o-lish-os-ness).

                                                 Javi's POV

Lily got back from St Tropez last night which is great because I missed her so much but not so great on her part because today is the first day of school. She also got braces before she left for St Tropez and I'm really curious to see how Jojo would react to them. Today we were walking to school together and recently she hasn't said much to me because she doesn't think her braces look good on her. They actually look great on her.

Lily: You excited for your first day of school?

Javi: You talked!

Lily: Yeah, so?

Javi: You barely ever talk since you got your braces.

Lily: That's because they make me look ugly.

Javi: That's not true.

Lily: Yes it is.

I turn around to face her.

Javi: You look great with them on Lily.

Lily: You're just saying that.

Javi: I'm not.

Lily: Are you sure?

Javi: Absolutely.

Lily: Ok then.

Javi: Smile.

Lily: What?

Javi: Smile for me, I wanna see your teeth.

Slowly she starts to smile showing me her braces, she look so adorable in them I can't describe it. But I shouldn't even be thinking like this it's like I'm forming a crush on my best friend, my bestfriend who's in a relationship.

Javi: See they look great and you're only having them on for a couple of months.

                                           School Hallway 

                                          Lily's POV

When Javi and I finally got to school we walked through the halls to find Javi's locker, while we were looking I bumped shoulders with Jojo.

Lily: Jojo, I missed you so much!

I threw my arms around him but he doesn't really hug back.

Jojo: I need to ask you something.

Lily: What?

Jojo: Did you slam Brittany against a wall at Drew's party?

Lily: What? No.

I let go of him.

Jojo: See, Brittany was talking to me and-

Brittany: Get away from him you freak.

Lily: Excuse me?

Brittany: You heard me, get away from him.

Lily: I just happen to be his girlfriend so I can stand as close to him as I want to.

Brittany: Why would Jojo want to date some stupid, brace faced hoe?

Lily: I'm far from stupid.

Brittany: You callin' me stupid? Do you wanna go? We can go boo boo, anytime any place we can go right now.

She takes off her earrings and places them on the ground.

Lily: I'm not going anywhere with you.

Jojo: Lily, just go with Javi. It's obvious you're dating.

Javi: Dating?

Lily & Javi: We're just friends.

Lily: But obviously you and Brittany aren't.

Brittany: Oh please you guys both wore matching shirts to the party.

Javi: It was a coincidence.

Lily: We just both happen to like Nirvana just like we both happen to be dating Jojo.

Brittany: What you sayin' hoe? Come on hit me.

Lily: I'm not the violent type.

????: But I am.

I turn around and see Asia and the cheerlead squad.

Asia: If you wanna go we can go, because I know for a fact that Lily and Javi aren't going out. So get your facts straight.

Brittany goes to swing at Asia but Jojo stops her.

Jojo: She's not worth it.

Lily: Thanks Asia.

Javi: There is no way Lily slammed her against the wall, she was with me the whole time.

Jojo: Go back to Mexico!

Javi: I'm from New York.

Jojo: Wherever you're from go back there.

Javi: Look I'm just here because I'm being a good friend. I was there for her when you weren't, I stayed with her through the storm, I walked her home. She doesn't deserve to be treated like this by some ghetto-

Jojo: Don't you call me ghetto.

He started to push Javi but I couldn't even be in the room any longer, I just left the hallway and sat on the steps a few minutes later Javi came out and sat down next to me. 

Javi: You ok?

Lily: Yeah. Did you fight him?

Javi: No did you want me to? I can if you really want me to.

Lily: That's sweet of you but I'd rather you not get violent on your first day. Or ever.

Javi: I'm so sorry.

Lily: It's not your fault.

Javi: I just feel bad because you don't deserve that shit.

Lily: I feel like shit.

Javi: Well you shouldn't, there are people in your life who love you. Your parents, Carlos, my mom for some strange reason, Jacob, 'Lasha and me.

Wait did he just say he loved me? I just got out of a relationship.

Javi: I've loved you since the day we met Lily and I don't care whether you know it or not. We can be friends, we could not talk for ever, we could be in a relationship but I'll still love you.

Lily: Javi, I just got out of a relationship and I'd like to give me and you a try but if it's gonna work we have to give it time.

Javi: You can have as much time as you want, we can start dating tomorrow, next week, even next year I don't care as long as you're happy.

Lily: Really? You're not mad?

Javi: No, I'll spend the rest of my life waiting for you if I have to.

I give him a hug.

Lily: Come on,  let's go inside before the bell rings.

Ok that was really short.

I'm super tired now but what do you think Jojo's gonna do about Javi?