Chapter 7 // Date

Start from the beginning

He grinned confidently. "The Lego Movie."

I wanted to snort, but I should have expected an answer like this. "You are such a dork," I teased. "But a very cute dork."

"Yours is probably something girly like The Fault in Our Stars," Luke assumed, rolling his eyes as he ignored my comment, probably because he was angry that I didn't share the same amount of enthusiasm for the animated film as him.

"Don't you dare insult The Fault in Our Stars or John Green, Hemmings. You would actually probably love it if you watched it," I stated.

He smiled at me again, making my heart pound even harder against my chest. Luke was a master of direct eye contact and it was making the excited butterflies flutter inside my belly. "Okay, I'll accept the challenge. But only if you watch it with me."

I shook my head rapidly. "Oh no, there is no way in hell I'm letting you see me cry my eyes out. But why don't you watch it so you have an excuse to call me and gush about how much you loved it," I suggested in a flirtatious manner.

"I like the way you think, Cassidy," Luke responded, winking at me again. He glanced down at his phone for the first time on our date to check the time, and I noticed that an hour had passed by. It went by so quickly, and that was probably because I was so consumed by the intriguing boy sitting in front of me. "I probably should get you home before your roommate begins to worry. This was a lot longer than the average yogurt pick up."

"Calum doesn't care, come on, the night is still young," I pleaded, not wanting to end our date so soon.

Luke had his hand stuck out, which I hesistantly grasped, intertwining our fingers together so he could help me stand up from my chair like a gentleman. He also held the door open for me as we departed the little frozen yogurt parlor that smelled like fresh fruit and romance. "Well, we can always take the long way home."

I grinned, silently obliging to his request. I slid into the leather seat on the passenger side of his car as Luke took the adjacent spot and his hands gripped the steering wheel. He turned on the radio as we drove towards my new home and began to sing loudly and off key to the Top 40 hits that were blaring through the speakers. I joined him, while cracking up.

"I had a really fun time tonight, Luke," I confessed as I stepped out of the car when we pulled into my driveway. It still was so weird for me to be living here.

He nodded, leaning against the side of his car. "So did I, Cassidy."

"You can call me Cass now," I said with a small stifle of a giggle.

"Okay, Cass," Luke responded, taking a step closer to me and cautiously placing his hands on my waist. "What are you doing tomorrow?"

"Someone's eager," I joked, then searched my brain to try and remember what was on my schedule. "Oh, I have a dumb press conference with Calum. But I'm free on Friday."

"I'll pick you up at eight, then."

"Where are we going?" I questioned.

"It's a surprise, Cass," Luke stated confidently, making me want to melt into a puddle of giddiness just becuause he was so exciting. He smiled down at me, inching his way closer to me. "I really want to kiss you."

"I don't kiss on the first date," I told him stubbornly, smirking at the blonde boy. I wanted to kiss him too, actually no, I wanted to do more than just kissing, but I had my weird dating rules that I didn't want to break.

Luke rolled his baby blue eyes at me before cupping his hands around my cheeks. "And I don't really give a shit," He whispered before rapidly placing his lips against mine and making my heartbeat increase by one hundred. His lips were soft and smooth and the simple touch between us had caused a spark to ignite. He pulled away before it could get too heated and gingerly left a chaste kiss on my cheek. "I'll see you soon, Cass."

"Alright," I mumbled, trying to keep my cool before I dashed back inside the house, having the sudden urge to dance around and scream at the top of my lungs. I had a crush on someone again. And I loved every second of it.

I raced towards my bedroom, desperate to leap into my bed and squeal into a fluffy pillow like a girl in high school again. But unfortunately when I opened the door, all I could see was a naked girl on top of a shirtless Calum on the mattress I slept on last night. I shrieked, covering my eyes with my palms and leaping back into the hallway, slamming the door shut to leave them alone.

I was already sick of this whole roommate thing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's  Note: i uploaded this double update earlier than i expected to bc luke is so cute and i want him for christmas pls santa im begging

you guys are going to find out what happened between cass and cal so soon i can taste it ok

love all my lil sugarplums have an amazing day

dedicated to allegiants for saying this is one of her fave calum fanfics like what its only been like 7 chapters how omg thank u babe