cнapтer тwelve

[ cнapтer тwelve ѕтarт ]

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"WHAT THE HELL? What about 'get the fuck frack kit kat bitch slap away from me' do you not understand?!"

"The part where you've been a stressed depressed not Fortnite-obsessed mess for the past week," Jeno replied calmly, standing with his arms crossed in front of his chest on Jaemin's bedroom doorway.

Their mothers were out — obviously — and they had been screaming at each other back and forth, Jaemin's locked door a barrier until Jeno had finally knocked it down.

The cause of their fight?

Ever since that night spent at Renjun's, Jaemin just hadn't been the same. Immediately after the Chinese boy confessed his love for Jeno, Jaemin had pretended to be too tired to stay awake and fell back on the blankets laid out and wrinkled on the floor, faintly snoring. When he got back to the comfort of his own home, he immediately locked his bedroom door and jumped on his bed, burying his face into a pillow to muffle his sobs and screams.

He had liked Renjun for so long, had spent an eternity admiring the boy from afar, his pale and perfect skin, fluffy raven hair that rested gently on his head, bright smile with cute pearly teeth that could outshine the sun. His personality, so bubbly and warm one moment, mount spitting straight fire the next.

Jaemin might have even loved Renjun, had the older boy's named etched in his heart forever.

But that same etched name broke Jaemin's heart, splitting the fragile thing until it shattered, broken pieces too abundant to be gathered and mended. Jaemin could remember in vivid, painful detail how his gut wrenched, a violent pierce to his body that made his chest close up, and bile rise up and out of his throat.

He had liked Renjun for so long, yet it had only taken not even two months for the older to fall for another boy, the one boy Jaemin hated for longer than he'd liked Renjun.

This resulted in Jaemin's suffering, holed up in his room bawling. He was either staring up at the ceiling, making analogies of the empty space to his soul, or flat out crying, the tears flooding his being until everything else was drowned out, all he could think about was Renjun, Renjun, Renjun. He would shower and groom himself, but wouldn't leave his room to eat something with actual substance, just rely on the random stashes of snacks and energy drinks he had.

Jeno had noticed this, had heard the occasional scream sounding from Jaemin's room, and could guess the source of the younger's misery. The raven-haired, being the kind-hearted soul he was had tried for the past two days to reach Jaemin, screaming, texting, calling, sending short letters that read, "i wanna play fortnite, unlock ur fuckin door", through the small crack between the floor and bottom of the door. He had even contemplated getting in through Jaemin's window, but decided against it because who actually had the energy for that? No one. Ew.

Until now, when he decided enough was enough.

"I have a right to be depressed, you broke my fucking door!" Jaemin moaned from his bed, curled up in the sheets staring at his phone.

"Oh my fuck," Jeno sighed, "we leave for school tomorrow, you needa get your ass out of this room and save your last five brain cells."