Chapter 8

AN

Okay, so I'll have to skip the fight between Zabuza, Haku and Team 7 on the Bridge, I know I'll mess it up, so please understand. But Haku didn't die, only Zabuza did.

Haku was dying, but since Aki knew medical ninjutsu, he turned out alive. Zabuza died but left his sword him Haku's possession to continue his legacy. Haku is in the Konohan Hospital if you needed to know, by the way.

I honestly don't want to have it cringe-worthy for you all. Please accept my most sincerest apologies.

And also, there will be a sudden change in Aki's thinking, hope you don't mind. Please tell me what you think of his new thoughts and sudden slight change in personality. My 'friend' read this story and told that Aki was far too stiff and needed a change in character. All said online, but I'd rather not question them on their opinions about my story. It'll just get worse.

This is the idea they gave me to change with. On personality change at least. Not going to specify, since its self explanatory. They also had me change Sakura's personality as well. I'm not sure whether I should continue following their advice or not.

Enjoy the story, hopefully ~ And please don't kill me!!

~RiverFall123/Author

Aki's Point of View

We've just returned from the C-turned-A ranked mission and I handed my written report to Kakashi-sensei. Sakura-nee-san followed suit, though hers were crumpled. Naru had thought of inviting Sakura-nee-san to Ichiraku Ramen for a date, but was denied flatly by the latter, clinging onto my arm desperately. Nearly fracturing my whole arm, just like my other arm and leg.

I looked to Sasuke-san for help, but he was already walking away. I turned to Naru, to see him communicating with three younger children. I overheard their names being Meogi, Udon and Konohamaru. The latter being the so-called leader, but they proclaimed Naru as their 'Boss'.

Sakura-nee-san kept trying to get my attention harshly, as usual since that night. When I finally snapped. Strangely enough, I also found myself slowly being more casual and open to my teammates, nearly letting out my frustrations at that one point in the previous mission, even if it was still in my usual demeanor.

I finally turned to Nee-san, making her look so happy, I honestly do not understand why she's so happy when she has my attention. Especially after what happened in the past ten years or so. Its not that I hold a grudge as of now, but its quite infuriating on how easily she's been this close to me. Like she's never done me wrong.

I know its wrong to think this way, but can anyone blame me? Even I have emotions, but I hid it well under my mask, physically, mentally and emotionally. The only problem was... who could hold me back when I finally burst out my anger? These are why masks were created. Perfected, especially by shinobis.

Out of my team, only I had the mask on at all times, whether physical or mental. Kakashi-sensei had his eye to reveal almost every single emotion or thought. Sasuke-san's isn't perfect either. I could easily tell through his eyes and body language. He just needed someone who can understand and lead him to the right path.

The other two members of Team 7, Nee-san and Otouto. They don't even try to hide it. Sakura-nee-san. I wasn't as clueless as I led out myself to be. A mask is a mask, wasn't it? I could easily tell when someone is using one. During that time, her eyes were filled with glee, sadistic and content glee at multiple points. Not once did it show that she was sorry.

Even now, she's putting up an act to try and stay by me. To try and regain that bond she broken and shattered, littering and grinding into billions of pieces, scattering around the world without a care. I should know, she told me herself. And I know when I hear the truth.

"Wow, Boss! That the big brother you were talkin' about?! He looks so cool! And he even has a girlfriend!" Konohamaru-kun yelled out,, pointing at someone behind us. Until I realized he was talking about me and Nee-san.

Not wanting him to get the wrong conclusions, I immediately spoke, "Konohamaru-kun, this lady beside me is my older sister. Please don't get the wrong ideas when seeing us. She's just rather clingy after some time of not being so open to one another is all." I told him.

"Oh, sorry... uh..."

"Oh, my apologies, where are my manners. My name is Haruno Aki. This is my elder sister, Haruno Sakura. Were twins, but not quite the usual pair of identical ones. Fraternal, if you'd say." I introduced us.

"I'm Konohamaru! And these are my friends Meogi and Udon! And together... were the Konohamaru Group!" He answered. "And uh... Aki.. can we call you Aniki? You seem like a superior and a big brother at the same time so..."

"If thats what you prefer, I'm fine with it. And I'm guessing you and Naru here are out to do some training? It'll be a nice boost for you to learn earlier, that way, you'll have it easier during your four years in the Academy, you wouldn't need to push yourself to the point of exhaustion if you didn't understand the lessons taught." I inquired.

"Oh... now that you think about it... But Boss here promised us that we'd play ninja together!" He whined. I turned to Naru to see him grinning sheepishly.

"I suppose " I was cut off. By Nee-san.

"Huh!" She snorted, "A ninja playing ninja? That's a whole new level of low right there, right, Otout " I looked at her warningly. She seemed confused, even daring me to say something as she tightened her grip. She really tightened enough to break a bone, just like she did with my left arm and leg. Why did I even trust her after those incidents? Thinking they were accidents?

'I knew it. She really was just following orders. They stopped being sincere weeks ago. Its been over a month now, and she and the family still hasn't changed. Why did I think they'll even change for good?'

"Nee-san. Its rude to " Again, I was interupted.

"Ha! Says the ugly girl with nothing but a big forehead! You two really are complete opposites!"

"Konohamaru-kun! That was rud " I was cut off this time by Nee-san chasing after Konohamaru-kun and his friends and Naru chasing after them.. I quit... as a social person.