Chapter 30: Moving On

Thalia

"She paces like Milo" Lilly whispers to Zoey as they play Monopoly on the ground with Isabel and Leo. Janell aggressively flips through the channels on the waiting room tv while Juliana sits next to her with January braiding her hair. Dash sits in the corner with his scrubs on, looking through some charts while eating an apple on his break.

And I'm pacing back and forth under the tv. 

"Oh yeah she is." Zoey whispers back and Leo looks at me from the corner of his eye and slowly gets up. I didn't realize that he stuck his leg out and I trip on it and groan. 

"Hey, try not to hurt people in a hospital, idiot." Dash says with out looking up. I ignore him when I grab Leo's leg and he comes tumbling down on the ground. 

"Ya know, the one place we shouldn't be playing on the floor of is a hospital."

"No, I feel like this is the cleanliest place" he says while crawling over to me. "Whatcha pacing for?

"I did a thing." His eyes widen and he jumps up and sits on a seat, pulling me to sit next to him. 

"Spill" he says after making sure none of the others are looking at us. I bite my tongue but I just can't let it stick in. 

"I may or may not have told Milo I'm in love with him." 

"YOU WHAT?"he screams and everyone's attention is pulled to us as I bury my head into my hands. 

"Ooo what did she do?" Janell asks, suddenly in front of us.

"Nothing!" I say in a high pitched voice and she crosses her arms as Leo jumps up and down like he has something in his pants. 

"Ughhhh. It's not that serious." I continue in the high voice I think that I'm stuck in. 

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN ITS NOT THAT SERIOUS? Go ahead, tell her." He ushers to Janell and I shut my eyes and quickly say in a my new voice. "I told Milo I'm in love with him." I hear gasps and didn't realize everyone heard too. But I notice Leo's face straightens and he looks at the group. 

"It's not our place!" He seethes and they all sort of nod their heads at a secret I feel like I'm not let in on. 

"Wait since when?" Lilly asks as she pushes Janell out of the way. And suddenly I feel how hot my cheeks feel. 

"I wanna say since middle school?" 

"You have been in love with him since middle school and haven't said anything?!" This time it's Zoey yelling and the twins look angry. 

"I just thought it wasn't the right time I don't know..." I suddenly feel a sting on my cheek and when I grab it I noticed that Lilly slapped me. "What was that for?" I scream getting up. 

"That's such a stupid excuse!" Zoey yells from the position she is in, currently holding Lilly back who looks like she wants to murder me. 

"Okay girls!" Juliana says with a clap and pushes the twins out of the room. 

"She had so many years to just say it!" I hear one of them scream before the voices disappear through the hallway.

Shit! I should've just waited. Now I'm literally going to die of anxiety.

"Are you stupid or something?" Janell asks me and Dash lets out a deep chuckle from across the room. "What?" She asks Dash as she puts her arms on her hips.

"It's just the fact that they literally the two densest people I have ever met."

"Amen." January says from next to Isabel.