Julian

Now this story has some, at home problems and i don’t want to trigger anything, so just a little heads up in case you are uncomfortable about this kind of stuff
-------

You let out a longing sigh as you stare up at the ceiling of your room, a plain white void as always. On days like these where your parents are drunkenly fighting and whenever they even hear you they always bring you in the argument, so you stay up here in the safety of your room. It’s not that you didn’t hate your parents, they just find a way to make you feel bad about yourself or pick things out, flaws, people would say and always make them bigger than they seem. You pulled out your phone and skimmed through Pinterest just looking through different images that catches your eye for you to take your mind off of things. You glanced over to your paperwork from work which lied on the sighed of your bed carelessly and felt a jab at your head telling you that you should start looking at your paperwork. You clicked your tongue thoughtfully and leaned up, setting your phone on the nighstand and grabbed the sheets of paperwork.  You skimmed through the pages to find different rules an expectations to get a job, you bit your lip thoughtfully and hummed to yourself. You sighed and ran your fingers through your hair and looked around your room “God, i can’t even get a job and i‘m still living in my moms house…”

“Just wish life a was a little bit easier..” you sighed and hugged you knees to your chest and listened downstairs to hear screaming and yelling, the sound of things being thrown across the room. You huddled up in the blankets and played some music to help fog out the cursed sounds.

You woke up to the sound of footsteps and the creaks of carriages on the ground. “Excuse me ((Madam/sir)) are you alright?” you heard a smooth velvety voice ring in your ears, it was nice. You woke up to see you aren’t in the comfort of your home, or your bed. And above you stood a rather handsome man with a slender face, pale, dark auburn hair that covered part of his face and a soft charming smile. Though as handsome this man was you weren't inyour home, matter of fact, you aren’t even part of this land! You shot up from where you were sleeping and twirled around. “Woah woah!” he held his hands up and backed away, letting you have your space as you stumble up to your feet. Your head twirled around trying to comprehend what was going on. Your mind was in a whirlwind of thoughts and possibilities of what happened, but you were snapped out of it when you felt firm hands grab your shoulders. “Are you ok?” the man asked again, with raised brows. “Uhm, where am I? Who are you?” was all that came out of your mouth, it was all you wanted to know. “Well, as you know you are Vesuvia! And i am Dr. Devorak, Julian Devorak.” he bowed and stood back up. “But you may just call me julian..” he smiled, that charming smile. You smiled nervously and nodded a little bit, still a little dazed from what was going on.  “Hmm..” julian frowned and cupped your face with gloved hands “Whats your name?” he raised a brow and felt your head for any injury. “It’s (Y/N)...and what are you doing?” you frowned and tried to lean away but his grasp was tight. “Feeling for any head injury, you seem to have forgotten something but i can’t feel any injury..” he frowned and scratched his chin. “Actually, i don’t come from here...i come from ((Where You live)) with my parents and a home…” you muttered and raised a brow. Julian looked just as confused as you were “Excuse me what” he laughed “I have explored many places and i’ve never heard of a place called that…” he frowned “This might be magics doing...come, i have someone who would like to see you..” julian held your hand with gentleness and began to pull you through the bustling crowd. You looked around the crowd with wonder and curiosities, trinkets and food that never existed in your world. But then you were pulled to a homey looking shop, and julian seemed to be knocking on the door quickly.

A dark skinned man with white fluffy hair opened the door and smiled to see julian “Ah, Ilya...what brings you here?” he smiled and looked over to you and frowned at your clothing, it was a style that he’s never seen before in any culture.  “Uhm, who are you?”  he raised a brow. “That’s exactly why we are here, may we come in?” julian smiled and let himself in, pulling you in along as well. Asra sighed “So much for asking…”  he closed the door behind everyone and leaned against the door and frowned. “Make yourself at home, i will get some tea ready.” you watched the male walk off towards a back room, and you looked 0ver to julian who simply smiled. “His name is Asra by the way, he’s a magician..” he added and crossed one leg over the other. Wait, magician? I didn’t know this kind of stuff existed...You frowned and nodded, “Interesting…” you looked around the room. The place was definitely homey and it smelled o f herbs and tea along with faint scented candles. You felt safe in this place, so you slowly began to relax until you saw asra come in with some tea and handed a cup between the two of you. “So, what brings you here with this (lady/man)?” asra motioned towards you and took a sip of his tea. “Well, for one they come from land not from here..and they claim that they are from…((Where you live)).” julian frowned and glanced at you. Asra wasa now on the edge of the seat the more julian went on with the story. “This is definitely magic that i've never heard of…” he clicked his tongue. “Did you say anything? ((Mr.Mrs Y/N))?” dark eyes glanced towards you. “Uhm..well…” you thought back, The wish! But that can’t be..wishes never come true. You had that thoughtful look and asra just chuckled. “What’s on your mind?”  he raised a  brow at you, You shook your head and looked at him, you bit your lower lip and smiled shyly “Well, i kind of..well, wished for another life? Less stressful?” you frowned and shrugged slightly. Asra sighed and buried his face in his hands. “Oh boy, you do realise wishes do come true right?” he smiled and raised a brow. “Wait...what do you mean, i’ve wished things before and they have never came true like this one!” you pouted and frowned. “Well, that’s the thing, if the wish was meant to come true, and if it knows that is where you are meant to be...then it will happen.” he leaned back into his chair and rubbed his chin thoughtfully. “Wishes are a touchy thing, i’ve never seen it work before!” asra added and crossed one leg over the other. “Huh, that's really cool. And even better! You are destined to be in this world how about that!” julian smiled and looked between the two. “Well, i’m about to head off..” julian got up but was a immediately sat back down by asra. “You are the one who found her, youuu get to keep her!” asra smiled smugly, though you could tell it was obviously another reason. “...Hmm..fine, alrighty! Let’s go to the Rowdy raven!” julian walked towards the door again holding your hand. You looked over to asra who mouthed ‘Goodluck’ then winked, getting up and walking off. You gulped and looked back at julian who had the door open for you, and you walked through, waiting for him.

“Don’t worry, i will show and tell you everything there is to know about this new world!” julian smiled and walked down the street with you. The road and markets were closed and it was now quiet than usual, the moon lit up the night sky while little specks of stars danced amongst the black. “I must say, it’s really pretty out here…” you smiled and looked around. Julian nodded in agreement “yeah it is pretty out here isn’t it…” he smiled to himself and slowly intertwined fingers with yours. You looked down at your hands and blushed a little bit and decided to let the gesture slide. “So what’s the rowdy raven exactly?” you frowned and quirked a brow. You took a sharp turn in the alley and went down the more hidden passage ways. “It’s just a bar i like to go to, we will head home once i am done...don’t worry..” he hummed and patted your shoulders.

The air here was more humid and thick, and simple lanterns hung on hooks lit up the ways other than extravagant poles. “This place doesn’t seem as rich..” you foot almost slipped into a small river from the slippery stone but you found your footing again. “Yeah, people like me go out here…” he grinned and stepped up to a rundown but still somewhat homey building. A sign creaked back and forth that read Rowdy Raven,it was clear the sign was old since the letters were worn and the wood was slowly chipping away. Julian opened the door and the sound of music flooded through the door along with jolly chatting and full laughter. Julian waved at some people while he kept you close, he noticed what you were wearing and took off his cloak and wrapped it around yourself to hide your strange style of clothing. You smiled “thank you…” you nodded and hugged the cloak close and smiled. “So do you drink?” he raised a brow and rested a chin on the palm of his hand and raised a brow. “No, not really i’ve never drank before..”  you smiled bitterly. Even though the place reeked of alcohol it was still not that bad. “Alrighty then, i guess I just get you a water…” julian got up and stretched “Just stay here and wait, i’ll be back with food and drink alright?” he smiled and patted your shoulder and walked off towards the bartender. You nodded and watched him wander off, you slowly slump into the safety of the cloak since you were in a crowded room filled with people you have never seen before. You enjoyed the music that was playing though, just instruments and swaying music. You smiled and leaned up to see julian come back with some food and drink, he handed you the water and kept his drink. The two of you laughed an exchanged stories with eachother, his being adventurous and action packed. While yours was life at home with some friends of yours and ridiculous stories.

After a couple of hours of talking in the bar it was time to take your leave, julian wasn’t drunk since he can handle his liquor, his hand is still intertwined with yours. “You know, i had fun with you tonight...much better than drinking alone i suppose..”  he muttered and tapped his chin. “..Why would you drink alone?” you frowned and looked at him up and down “You are an amazing guy!” you added and nudged against him. You could see a small smirk and a flush kiss his cheeks. “Well, i’m not really liked around here one could say..” he smiled slightly and glanced over at you. You frowned and hugged him tightly, causing him to stop in his tracks. “Well, I love you and don’t forget that..even though I just met you, you seem like a sweet guy” you smiled and rested your chin on his chest. He smiled and felt his heart skip a beat, he hugged you as well, pulling you close. You Embraced the warmth and passion of the hug and hummed happily. “Thank you...Uhm..I-i love you t...too..” the blush on his cheeks turned a darker shade of red. You giggled at his shyness and pulled away, holding his hand.

I'm gonna call it a night, and yeah I'm aware I mightve spelled his last name wrong, I was to tired to go back and check. Hope you enjoy like always! Part three of  asra and Julian will be coming up soon!