Chapter 1 - "Are you sure it was her?"

(Continuation from Epilogue from Book #1)

Chapter 1

"She said ask Eric about the gladiators," Mike said calmly, staring outside Eric's window as his brother rushed through his paperwork. Eric was attempting to do both at once, listening to Mike speak on his call with August, but also writing down his paperwork for Mr. Gullo. He nodded his head, wrote down a few other sentences, and skipped to the next page when suddenly, there were a few knocks on the door.

"Come in," he answered.

Ella entered the room, and dropped new piles of papers onto his desk. "How is it coming along?"

"Slowly but surely," Eric chuckled, scratching the back of his head and attempting to pull his eyes away from her curves. Mike was unable to divert his gaze from her, and soon she met his, and bowed professionally.

"How are you today, Mr. Hawk?"

"Could be better," Mike chuckled, his eyes rolling from her breasts size, to her hips and how tiny her waist was. He did that every time he came to this building, and was always jealous of Eric having her as his secretary. He wondered if she used to be a model, and when both their gazes turned to William, who was gawking at her, his face turned red.

"I've never met you, I don't think."

"That's William," Eric introduced, "My younger step-brother."

"You're a very cute young boy," she complimented, and William was too starstruck to respond. Her eyes turned back to Eric who grinned, "I'll come back in around an hour."

"I might not be here."

"Then leave it on your desk," she said with an open palm. As per usual, he grabbed his key from his pocket and threw it to her.

"You're the best," he yelled when she walked out.

Immediately, Mike placed his palm on Eric's shoulder, "Have you fucked her yet?"

Eric shook his head, "I wish, honestly."

"She's so hot," William gasped.

"One damn hot babe," Eric admitted, but his mind returned to Jessica, and although she may not have been as physically attractive, she still caused Eric's heart to flutter.

"Just let her give you head," Mike chuckled, pulling a pack of cigarette from his pocket. "Besides, that's barely cheating."

Eric thought about it, as he reached for a cigarette from his brother's pack, "I guess that could work. She flirts with me a lot too."

"You're lucky as fuck," William commented.

Eric shrugged his shoulders with a smug look, lighting his cigarette as well and said, "I'd like to announce that I am also considered a hot babe in this society."

"You were always the ugliest one in my opinion," Mike murmured as he lit his cigarette.

William began laughing, and Eric narrowed his eyes in his brother's direction, blowing the smoke from his lungs, "William is the ugliest one."

"Hey!" William protested, leaning forward in his seat.

Mike turned to William, and examined him for a moment. Then after a minute, a long smile pulled his lips as he began laughing, "Agreed." Both of them bursted out laughing, as William crossed his arms, making an angry face. Mike marched towards him after opening the window, and squeezed his shoulder, "I'm just fucking joking, stop being so sensitive."