Chapter 5- Amazed

Nadia POV

I nervously knock on the door, of the giant mansion. Never in my life have I seen a house so big or beautiful. The huge door opens slowly, somehow making this even more intimidating. I look down one last time at the designer dress Dante Jr had sent me, smoothing it out. It was a beautiful white night slip type, tea-cup length, dress. It must've cost a fortune. Growing up with a single mom, we didn't have much. Luckily with my dad being on the force, the police did what they could to help us. 

I can't help but smile when I see Dante's arms extending to me. "Oh mio, you look beautiful!"

"Thank you, so much, for the dress, for tonight, seriously."

He leads me inside, and through the house, and to a huge backyard. I see candles light each sides of the pathway, then rose petals covering the patio, and a beautiful set up for a romantic date.

"Oh my God! Dante, this is....this is...I'm...I'm amazed, I mean omg look at this!" I stutter, blown away by what I see. 

"Only for you, mia ragazza," Dante says, slightly making my heart flutter. 

"What's that mean?" I stand confused.

"Oh nothing, mia ragazza," He torments me. 

I just smile. I like seeing a playful side of him. After learning what he does, I like seeing a reminder that he still is a young boy, with feelings. 

Like a true gentlemen, Dante pulls out my chair, before letting me sit down and pushes me in. 

"So Nadia," his velvet voice purrs as he pours my wine, "what brought you to Italy?"

"Well, my mom really wanted me to come and experience it. I wanted to go to NYU with all my friends, but I listened to her. At first I was resentful, but I'm starting to think that maybe I'll like it here." I flirt. 

"If you'd let me, I'll show you how amazing Italy is. Honestly, if you'd let me, I would show you the world.."

My stomach flip flops at the thought. 'That sounds so enticing..'

Trying not to give in too easily, I smirk, "I mean, maybe I could let you do that, if you earn it."

His smirk tells me I just did a good job. 

Fuck what my mother says, from what I've seen, these people are some of the sweetest people on the planet. They've treated me with more kindness in two days than my mother has my whole life. 

"So can I ask you something?" I shyly ask.

"I think I know where this is headed....the whole mafia thing?" Dante laughs.

I just look at my hands in my lap, timidly laughing.

"Okay, I'll be honest with you. That's how my father won my mother over," He laughs again before continuing, 

"being the boss of the mafia has been in my family for generations. I've been training my whole life, since I could walk. I've been groomed to take over since before I was even born, as soon as they found out I was a boy, I was the heir. I'm not going to lie, we do terrible things. Mostly, we do some illegal things, but we also own legit businesses. But you need to believe me when I say, I'd never ever do anything to hurt you, or the people I care about. We live by loyalty, and family."

Before I could even think, I said, "I know that." 

The sincerity in my voice surprises me. 

Dante's smile reaches his eyes.

Shaking off the guilty feeling in my stomach, I try to change the subject, "so what's your favorite fun thing to do?"

Dante Jr POV

The date was going amazing, the connection between the two of us was amazing. I knew she was holding something back, but I wasn't going to pressure her for it. 

I'm so glad I listened to my mother and was honest, she knew I wouldn't hurt her. 

We had both had a good amount of alcohol by the end of the night, and I was going to ask one of the men to drive her home, but with a sudden burst of liquid courage I ask her, "stay with me?"

I wasn't going to do anything with her, I knew we were both too drunk, but I just wanted to feel her in my arms when I woke up. 

She smiled at her hands, "not tonight. But if your the man that you've portrayed tonight, it'll just be a matter of time.."

I smile, "challenge accepted, my beautiful Nadia."