4: Oh Ship!

Nya woke and rolled over expecting to land a gentle arm on Jay. She gave a slight start when she discovered he was not there and then reached over to the heavy curtains to see what the day was doing outside. The light that burst through the heavy drapes blinded her. She dropped the fabric back, slumped her face into a pillow and pulled the duvet over her head.

'Whatimeisit?' Jay sat up from the floor, yawning.

'Jump yourself out of bed again Jay?'

'Must've' he replied and scrabbled back up and under the duvet, nestling into Nya for a cuddle.

'You know, if you ever shock me in your sleep, you're moving back to your own room' Nya threatened sleepily.

'Never gonna happen' he assured her and ran his fingers down her back, releasing a trail of electricity so subtle Nya thought he was tickling her, though W hen she realised her hair was standing on end she kicked him out of bed and rolled herself up into the duvet for protection.

'Access denied!' she chuckled, with only her face peering out from the wrap. Jay leapt back up and tried to unravel her, which proved difficult and they both rolled off the bed landing with a thump on the floor 'Awww... my butt!' Nya complained, still wrapped tightly in her cocoon.

'Aha! I may not have access, but I do have you trapped'

'What?' Nya looked suddenly worried.

Jay held himself up over her 'Just where I want you' he lowered himself down for a kiss but stopped, his face hovering just above Nya's 'although...' he said thoughtfully 'I might just do some press ups while I'm here, y'know get some early training in? Whad'aya think? 50? 100?' and he proceeded to count as he kissed her nose on each drop.

'Jaaay' Nya pleaded and tried to angle her head to land a proper kiss on the lips, but without luck as Jay manoeuvred easily back to her nose. The longer this continued, her chuckles turned to laughs and they both ended up in uncontrollable fits with Jay collapsing onto her 'Ooof. Oh help, Jay, get offa me you loser!' Jay rolled off and found the tangled end of the duvet and yanked Nya free. She pulled him down and the duvet back onto them.

'Did you just call me a loser?'

'Yup'

'Fair enough... I'd lose for you' he slid down, wrapping his arms around to hold her close and kissed her.

They were disturbed by a loud knocking at the door 'Guy's, guys are you up?'

Jay gave her a naughty look 'Hmmm... I do believe I am!' he whispered.

Nya gasped 'Rude!' and softly slapped his cheek turning her attention to the door 'Yes, Kai we're up, but is...' Before she could finish, Kai opened the door '...but is it urgent?' she completed her question to her headstrong brother.

Kai looked at them, perplexed 'what are you doing all the way over here on the floor?'

'Morning training' Jay said in a flat voice.

'Huh? Whatever' Kai continued oblivious to Jays disgruntled reply 'Lloyd is gone'

'Gone?' Jay asked confused 'So? He's a big boy now he can come and go as he pleases'

'Well you know I look out for him. I can't help it'.

'How long has he been gone do you think?' Nya asked.

'I think since yesterday afternoon'

'Maybe he has a girlfriend?' Jay questioned and then muttered '...and doesn't want to be disturbed'

Leaning in the open doorway Kai replied 'Maybe' surprised that he hadn't thought of this 'Yeah, you're probably right' Jay looked at Nya and rolled his eyes.

Cole walked past and looked in 'Hi guys' he raised a knowing eyebrow 'what are you doing all the way over here on the floor?'

Jay growled and fell back, pulling the duvet over him and Nya.

'Want some coffee?' Cole asked Kai.

'Yeah, I'd love some' and they left.

Jay popped his head over the duvet and shouted after them 'Shut the door Goddammit! Aaargh' he kicked at the duvet in frustration and lunged forward to reach for the door but  just missed it as Zane was passing and looked in.

'Good morning Jay, Nya. Are you having trouble closing the door? Let me help'

'Thank you Zane. At last, someone with some common decency!'

Zane gave them a scathing look 'you may want to try practicing that yourself. Performing indoor sports with the door open? Not recommended in a shared household' and with that Zane pulled the door closed.

Jay stared at the closed door in shock 'Unbelievable! Did he just accuse us of indecency!'

Nya laughed 'I think he just did, yes'

Jay turned back to Nya, a look of frozen bewilderment on his face. She leaned forward and grappled him to her 'well you know, never question a Nindroid... and the door is now closed'

Jay leant in close to Nya again 'Indoor sports?'

'Hoo-raaa...!' And they excitedly pulled the duvet over them again.

'GUYS, GUYS!' the door flew open again. Kai practically fell over them as he skidded into the room. Lloyds back. We've got a new mission!