Chapter 2

Maths lecture had gone well, I was back in my hostel. Trying to figure out when I was going to start cracking my brains on the algorithm he gave us to study on not just studying we bring a copy of our solved works on our next class, which is next week.  Maybe it felt like I had enough time to start it whenever I liked before then but I'm not going to play the funny delay track I do to myself in high school. So I have an appointment to stay up all night working on maths!
But first I had to figure out what I could cook for dinner tonight.

I had no preferences or choice at the moment so I decided to call my granny as a medium, to get to talk to her and know how she was doing.

**On call 📱**

"Hello grandma" I squealed after she had finally picked up her phone

"Ollo who's on tha line"

"Nanny it's Jennifer, your baby "

"Ollo I can't hear you speak up please! "

I almost forgot, granny has hearing issues.

"Nanny it's Jennifer, your baby! " I screamed. That's the only way she could hear me.

"Jen.. Jennifer! My darling how are you doing?"

"Am very good granny!"

"That's good, I don't have this number,  you got a phone?"

Lilian gave me her iPad , she said she wanted to get a new phone and has no use of it anymore. I was glad to have it as mine, I could do my assignments without going to the cyber cafe paying all the time from my hard earned money.

"Yes granny, it was given to me by a friend of mine!"

"You are making friends with nice rich kids huh? " she asked playfully

"Yes..  No, not really, but yeah Mama, she's nice!"

"That's good Jennifer, what's her name?"

"Lilian!"

"Lilac? What kind of name is that?"

"No, not lilac, Lilian! "

"Ooh Lilian, that's nice, keep her close as long as she treats you good, okay? "

"Yes ma'am I will," Suddenly I remembered what I really called nana for "uhm grandma am looking for a local dish to cook for dinner"

"Maybe you should make ceviche"

"Oh! That's great, thanks Granny, miss you, love you"

Thank goodness I had all the right ingredients for the meal.

" I miss and love you too darling, wish I could see my baby but I know that's not possible due to the fact that you have to stay at school till you done" she sniffled.

"Don't granny, I wish I could see you too!" I said sadly

"I know baby, now go and cook your meal and I would save your number. Bye love. mwah mwah"

"Bye mama!" I made lot of kissing sounds, before ending the call

**call ends**

Ceviche – Peru
Contrary to popular belief, South American food isn't all meat and carbs. Found all across the coastal regions of Latin America, by far the best place to try ceviche is Peru. Ceviche is a seafood dish of fresh fish served in a zesty marinade of lime juice and chilli. It's a cold dish, where the acidity of the marinade is what 'cooks' the fish from raw. Sounds weird, but tastes amazing. You'll find it in street stalls, food markets and restaurants across the country but head to Lima, the capital of ceviche, to try the best in the world.